Work or HBT??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

While at work do you spend more time...

• I actually have to work at my job...more time working

• Why do you think I'm on HBT right now...more time on HBT

• Its about the same

Results are only viewable after voting.
It depends. When things aren't broken I have lots of time to spare. So it's in my best interests (reading HBT) to make sure everything I support never breaks.

Of course, half the time I end up having to fix everyone else's crap too... meh.

It depends. When things aren't broken I have lots of time to spare. So it's in my best interests (reading HBT) to make sure everything I support never breaks.

Of course, half the time I end up having to fix everyone else's crap too... meh.

Ditto. Plus I can load software etc. and surf while it's running. But it's time to go now, so CYA!!

Ditto. Plus I can load software etc. and surf while it's running. But it's time to go now, so CYA!!

My boss jokes that he knows I'm doing my job right because he sees me goofing off all the time.

goofing off = everything is working properly and there are no fires to extinguish so I read HBT and other feeds.

this is why china is going to take us over and make us produce ****ty toys and shoes... Relatively speaking of course

I would spend time on here while at work, but they got it firewalled. I can't even get around it with a proxy server.

I can honestly say that 99.99% of my HBT time is while at work. Having said that I work on a ship for a living so I eat, sleep, watch tv, wash clothes AND surf the internet while at work!!!

I voted 50/50, though only because while working I'm typically always on. I wouldn't say I'm less productive, only that work CAN get in the way of hbt :p (the day job, not nikobrew.com) The fun part of course when internet explorer crashes when going back and forth on hbt and my ordering system closes because of it.. gotta' always remember to open a new browser like mozilla not just another ie window :)

Same for me, especially working the night shift:mug:

I think I do more work than HBT, or at least more work and other internet diversions, but I rarely get on at night... only to jump into chat and say 'okay guys what am I doing I broke it.'

I would spend time on here while at work, but they got it firewalled. I can't even get around it with a proxy server.

This is probably next on the list here, I couldn't even upload photos the other day . . .for a while:D The only reason I do it more at work is because there's no time when I'm at home (Too busy brewing, etc), and "D . .I . .A . . L . . U . .P . ...connection". But really, what little work I do while I'm at work is of such high quality that nobody cares. :rockin: Not to yank my own chain, . oh wait, . . I am yanking my chain.:cross:

Back