What's Brewing This Weekend (1-25/26)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhoobarb

Reaction score
On my model railroad forum there is a weekly post asking folks 'what ya got planned'. Kinda whets everybody's appetite. So, in that spirit:) :

What’s everybody got brewing this weekend?!:D :drunk: :cool:

It’s an all-beer weekend for me! Got to do something in the absence of football! Friday night after work, I’ll be brewing the Train Whistle Ribbon Cane Porter that I had to postpone last weekend. Saturday night, the girlfriend and I are going to give Emmett’s Ale House, a brewpub near us, a try. First time there. Sunday afternoon, she & I are going for the monthly brewery tour at Flossmoor Station. Good thing she likes good beer!

I plan on brewing up the porter recipe I have been working on. I think that I will be going to my LHBS today to pick up the ingredients and start the starter tonight. Then I need to rack my pale ale to secondary Saturday. Other than that I will be catching up around the house and working on the truck and car.:( Oh wait, I will be trying my first yeast washing this weekend to when I rack the Pale to secondary. Wish me luck!!

Racking my Banshee's brother Red to secondary while I empty some of my #97a Ale(maybe Friday night), then going into Boston on Saturday to Pizzeria Regina (the original one in the North End, not the mall chain one) for some 'za with my wife and our old neighbors, and then probably over to the Harp, Clarke's, The Black Rose, or something like that. Sunday, I want to brew, but I have not decided what yet. Maybe a porter.......mmmmmm.........porter........

I've got an APA I have to get bottled. I also have a hefeweizen that will have been in the secondary for a week and may get kegged if it looks like it's clearing. It might get kegged anyways.

I'll probably brew the following weekend so I'll be scouting recipes and making an order.

I'll probably bottle my Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale clone if it's hit the right gravity, that is. Also, I picked up the American Style Micro pale ale kit from Brewer's Best yesterday, and I'll probably do that one. The guy at the brewshop said it nails SNPA, so I'm pumped to see how it turns out.

I'll probably rack the Fat Tire cloner over to a keg, but I won't be brewing until mid Feb probably.

Have no clue what I want to brew either. Probably the Red Eye Rye or a LWPA.

I'll be kegging my two wheats; brewing another batch of my Franks Robust Porter and "maybe" dumping my CA Common :mad:

anthrobe said:
....:( Oh wait, I will be trying my first yeast washing this weekend to when I rack the Pale to secondary. Wish me luck!!

Good luck! Don't worry, it's easy to do!

I still have my Helles to brew, along with my "Blitzkrieg Imperial IPA" with Galena, Cascade, Columbus and Amarillo hops. Also, Im out of wheats, so very soon I will do couple more of those tasty treats.

Rhoobarb said:
Good luck! Don't worry, it's easy to do!

I thought that my pale ale would be about ready for secondary today or tomorrow. I took a reading today and it is only at 1.020. Looks like it will need to go through the weekend. So, I just went and bought some more yeast. Going to make a starter today so that I can brew in tommorow or next.

Truble said:
then going into Boston on Saturday to Pizzeria Regina (the original one in the North End, not the mall chain one) for some 'za with my wife and our old neighbors
i miss the North End of Boston. the smells are awesome! i used to tag along w/ my ex-wife when she'd go on business. a rep used to always take us to Joe Tecci's. the chianti was a flow'n along with the mussels fri diavlo! i love Boston, great town.

racking the dunkelweizen this weekend, and maybe a last minute trip to H-town for a micro and see the Egypt exhibit at the natural science museum.

DeRoux's Broux said:
maybe a last minute trip to H-town for a micro and see the Egypt exhibit at the natural science museum.
Just a heads up...SWMBO and my 7 yr old daughter were not too impressed with the old gal. :(

homebrewer_99 said:
Nada...:( gotta go on the road for 3 weeks followed by a week vacation to So. Cali and Vegas, maybe.

For the rest check my sig...

You sig just amazes me everytime you post:D It is almost as much work to keep that up than to brew beer;) Speaking of sigs....I need to update mine

This weekend I will be brewing a Fullers ESB clone kit on recommendation from a friend. I was sold when he told me at "it makes my toes numb" . . .

I think I'm gonna have to rack that Huckleberry Hefe to a tertiary carboy for a week too. I added the fruit to secondary this time and the damn thing puked all over my floor. Hooked up a blow-off tube to put an end to that but it developed a thick krausen and now there are big heavy chunks of coagulated krausen/berry juice/berry skins still floating on top of the beer. Not making much headway on clarification . . .

AHU

edit: also doing taxes this weekend :)

DeRoux's Broux said:
i miss the North End of Boston. the smells are awesome! i used to tag along w/ my ex-wife when she'd go on business. a rep used to always take us to Joe Tecci's. the chianti was a flow'n along with the mussels fri diavlo! i love Boston, great town.

racking the dunkelweizen this weekend, and maybe a last minute trip to H-town for a micro and see the Egypt exhibit at the natural science museum.

I went to see that exibit with my wife and son a while back. Its pretty neat they have a 3D show that starts out, my son was impressed..LOL. The exibit was ok, I wanted to actually see a mummy but They did not have one. oh ya Barley wine in Secondary, Pale in primary will rack over this weekend, I am brewing something Sunday just dont know what yet.

homebrewer_99 said:
Nada...:( gotta go on the road for 3 weeks followed by a week vacation to So. Cali and Vegas, maybe.

For the rest check my sig...

You know, I think I'd be even more interested with your sig if it had "where I am now and where I'm going next" on it :D

Well, you slimy little scuzballs, oops I apologize, I thought this was Thursday night and I was logged in at verbal-abuse.com.:D :D

I'm glad my life entertains you so much. (I'm glad MY life entertains me so much too!). I'd like to oblige your request, but you see, I'm limited to 500 characters...:drunk: (I don't even have enough room to list the contents of my 11 kegs and I have 8 more to fill!!)

I know what you mean. Sometimes I don't even know when or where I am going.

But it's a great life! Better than sitting at a desk all the time!

Adios, y'all!

Good question. I need to go to my Local Hombrewing Supply Store and see what they've got. My basement is cold this winter so that my fermenting temp is about 59-61. I suppose I need to think about using some lager yeast.

Any suggestions on something that would be good to brew?

mmditter said:
Good question. I need to go to my Local Hombrewing Supply Store and see what they've got. My basement is cold this winter so that my fermenting temp is about 59-61. I suppose I need to think about using some lager yeast.

Any suggestions on something that would be good to brew?

High Life cloner? :eek:

Well it's my birthday weekend and I'll be brewing an American IPA along with enjoying a few tasty treats from the cellar like Yuengling Black and Tan, some 2 year old Belgian strong and Chocolate stouts. And take a few more to an event at a local cigar store. I was also planning on stopping by a pizza/brewry called Oggi's that just oppened recently and try a few of their offerings. All in all it should be a very beery weekend.

Wild

wild said:
... I was also planning on stopping by a pizza/brewry called Oggi's that just oppened recently...

Looks like they've got some nice beer offerings! Gotta love that label for their California Gold Blonde Ale!

Rhoobarb said:
Looks like they've got some nice beer offerings! Gotta love that label for their California Gold Blonde Ale!
Yep, that's on my menu for Saturday afternoon.

Wild

May get to brew Experiments in Pale Ale #2, Lager Yeast. But only if I'm lucky. Have to move #1 out of the primary before I can do anything. It's only a half batch so the prep is minimal... hey I should do that now, just in case.
If I do it as a single batch, half will be #2 with lager yeast and half #3 with Nottingham dry yeast. But then I have to conjure up another primary... and in a week I either move the Extra Pale Ale to bottles or "discover" a new secondary at the over priced LHBS (like 80 bucks). I found a 20 liter water jug at the home center, but it is untested, and has foam (uncleanable?) seals to reckon with. I love this kind of problem.

No brewing for me this weekend. I'll probably be racking both my tripel and my scottish to secondary though.

Not brewing, only consuming. SWMBO and I are also going to check out some land in Missouri on "Big Lake".

loop

I will be brewing my first batch Saturday, Nut Brown Ale from a 20 minute boil kit.
Then it's off to a Australia Day/Homebrew Tasting party to ask what I did wrong :)

By the way, this is the nicest, most helpful group I've seen on a board since...well, ever! Thanks for the help from a recent lurker.

No brewing this weekend, although tomorrow is supposed to be another perfect January brewing day of 50 degrees. Racking my my munich Helles to the secondary and may rack my Fat Tire to secondary if it keeps slowing down.

Also going to obtain ingredients for the next couple batches. Maybe a belgian alt and a quick and dirty English bitter or pale ale.......

My holiday ale keg is getting light :( but is peaking after about a month in the keg...

Jeff

TWolf10 said:
I will be brewing my first batch Saturday, Nut Brown Ale from a 20 minute boil kit.
Then it's off to a Australia Day/Homebrew Tasting party to ask what I did wrong :)

By the way, this is the nicest, most helpful group I've seen on a board since...well, ever! Thanks for the help from a recent lurker.

Good luck! And welcome aboard here!

Australia Day/Homebrew Tasting party... now that sounds interesting!

Rhoobarb said:
Good luck! And welcome aboard here!

Australia Day/Homebrew Tasting party... now that sounds interesting!

Thanks!

An Aussie buddy got me into homebrewing, and this is his 2nd annual Australia Day/Homebrew party. Unfortunately I was in Vegas for the first one. My wife got to go, but she was pregnant at the time, so this is the first one she'll be able to really enjoy as well.

Since the weather is gonna be nice tomorrow, I might alter my plans and start welding up my brew stand. Still going to Boston tomorrow night though :D

I will be brewing my first batch Saturday, a Heffe weizen. Got my yeast starter going Wed. night, White Labs WLP300. Wish me luck gang, I am sure I will need it.
I have to agree with the earlier post, this is the best bunch people. Thanks for putting the wealth of information where others may learn from your experiences.

I can hardly wait to see the action in my 6.5 gallon carboy!:D

Treekiller said:
I will be brewing my first batch Saturday, a Heffe weizen. ... Wish me luck gang, I am sure I will need it....
Good luck. I'm sure it will turn out great! Have fun!:)

Dude said:
I'll probably rack the Fat Tire cloner over to a keg, but I won't be brewing until mid Feb probably.

Have no clue what I want to brew either. Probably the Red Eye Rye or a LWPA.

Well, I just racked the LWPA over from this brew session. Good stuff. First time I used Amarillo. Smooth bitterness, not near the bite those Perle hops had. I'm lovin' me some amarillo.

Now I have to kill this smoked porter so I can put the LWPA on tap. Anyone wanna come over?

So when does this week's installment of "Who's Brewing?" come out?
I have 2 planned for this weekend.
:mug:

Back