Stanley Cup Playoffs 2009

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
drake_060408.jpg

Nuff said:rockin:

Yup... nuff said... REVENGE is SWEET like wort!

Splash-page-CUP.jpg

Great game and a great series! Detroit should have played harder on those first two games in Pittsburgh.

I really don't feel that sorry for Hossa. I mean, it's not like he's on the verge of retirement or anything. Just a hired gun and it's too bad for Detroit that his scoring disappeared against Pittsburgh. I'd still like to have him back.

Even though Detroit didn't win the cup this year, they played some very good hockey and showed some of their young talent.

And I agree that the fans were booing Bettman. I know because I was booing him at home too! What a little wiener! I'm not a violent person, but I hope he chokes on his calamari!

Or are the Penguins outplaying them tonight?

How about the Pens finally got defensive and quit taking stupid penalties. Both teams tried hard and the Pens finally understand how to play finals hockey. If these two come back next year, it could be a real battle!

I think that about half of the teams making the playoffs have a near even chance of beating any other. The difference is knowing how to stay out of the box and usually how to play defensive hockey.

Game seven was won by one goal. How is that not a real battle?

A crossbar and a great save prevented it from going to overtime. That would have been sweet!

I liked the shot CBC showed of Fluery patting the crossbar after Kronwall's shot.

Yup... nuff said... REVENGE is SWEET like wort!

Splash-page-CUP.jpg

boooo hiiisssssss :D

A crossbar and a great save prevented it from going to overtime. That would have been sweet!

I liked the shot CBC showed of Fluery patting the crossbar after Kronwall's shot.

just before that shot on goal I made a comment that the wings were gonna tie it up and win in double overtime.... almost

You gotta give Fluery a lot of credit, he had an awesome game as did the whole team.

Very happy, was an epic series. Hossa got what he deserves, never liked guys who jump ship to shop themselves out for a cup. Stick with a team and system and work for it.

Very happy, was an epic series. Hossa got what he deserves, never liked guys who jump ship to shop themselves out for a cup. Stick with a team and system and work for it.

unfortunately this applies to almost every free agent out there. he signed a contract with the team he felt gave him the best shot at a cup. hell he was only with pitt for 3mo as a 'rental' since he was a free agent after the '08 season which is why atlanta traded him to pitt anyway.

Lombardi and Lord Stanley in the same year. We are again the City of Champions. I was on the edge of my seat for the entire Penguins-Redwings series and I couldn't breath during the last minute of play in game 7. All I can say is that I was watching it at a friends house and was the guy that could not sit down and was wasted on homebrew shouting anything that popped in his head. It was fun and I enjoyed the hell out of it. :ban:

Everyone likes to throw the Hossa issue around because it's a personal thing and helps to demonize the other team. I don't blame the guy for going to a team that he thought he would win with but it was the way he jerked around Ray Shero and was given what he asked for and then decided to drop out. It lead to us having to let go other free agents because of the deal we made him. Karma will get you eventually. At least he's not in it for the money.

Back