2011 San Diego NHC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I being daft or something? I have started trying to download the presentations at http://www.ahaconference.org/conference-information/presentations/ and a few of them (haven't tried all), such as Ron Jeffries' and Sean Paxton's download an entire zip file with a bunch of folders, such as _rels, docProps and ppt. Now, how the hell do I open the damn presentation? I see a bunch of xml files in the ppt folder and try to open them with powerpoint as an xml presentation and get an error. Can someone please help? I am actually pretty computer literate; maybe I've been in the mac world too long...

I didn't get any zip files for those presentations. I just got .ppt or .pptx files, although two of them (Peter Zien's and Dan Gordon's) are PDFs.

Perhaps you are downloading the website contents as a zip.

I didn't get any zip files for those presentations. I just got .ppt or .pptx files, although two of them (Peter Zien's and Dan Gordon's) are PDFs.

Perhaps you are downloading the website contents as a zip.

You may be right and it probably has something to do with the settings here at work... I will try when I get home later. Thanks for pointing that out.

I watched Basic Brewing's club night video. At 4:10 Shooter says he keeps getting BBQ sauce on his hands. Ha ha!

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched Basic Brewing's club night video. At 4:10 Shooter says he keeps getting BBQ sauce on his hands. Ha ha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTB-jZQqxv0

Yeah, I didn't even realize they were filming us. While the lab coats made sense for the theme of our club, it really was a BAD idea to serve BBQ chicken while wearing white! WTF were we thinking?!?!? :confused:

That's great! Steve started out at our booth with the agave mead. And we could see our cactus!

Back