I loooooooooooveee Bourbon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it started back in the day with some Beam..........

and it stands today! 8 year is the fcuking ****!

nifty.
I have never been a big bourbon drinker.
I use it for recipes -- baked beans and whatnot.

I prefer Japanese Super Nikka over Jim Beam or JD for drinking.

I love bourbon...Alas bourbon does not love me.

After realising bourbon makes my personality less than ideal ( I get mean as f*cK :confused:), then getting over that and forcing myself to be nice, it burned a hole in my stomache...So I switched to tequilla...I am much more entertaining (so my freinds say of the things I remember not) yet again...another hole...CRAP!!!

Hombrew and the ocasional brandy shot are all I can tolerate these days...:(:( BTW. I am durnkc, so forgive the typos

seven long years i loved her well! no more bourbon or whisky for me...

[youtube]B12msT-dfBs[/youtube]

Haven't had more than a few sips of any whiskey since an "accident" I had three years ago involving too much JD, two young ladies on speed, vomiting, waking up in the middle of the night mumbling mathematical formulas and some dude calling me Batman and challenging me to a wrestling match. At least, that's what I think happened. Not so sure about the details.

Haven't had more than a few sips of any whiskey since an "accident" I had three years ago involving too much JD, two young ladies on speed, vomiting, waking up in the middle of the night mumbling mathematical formulas and some dude calling me Batman and challenging me to a wrestling match. At least, that's what I think happened. Not so sure about the details.

Oh you mean Tuesday night.

I love bourbon too. It started with jack, then I discovered maker's mark, then knob creek was even better, and now I can get woodford reserve for $25 and I can't wait to try it.

Coast- Makers is the best IMO- Knob is a better version of JB Black. But my love for JB goes deep!

Ive tried Basil, Woodford, Knob Creek...... I always go back to Makers

Knob Creek is excellent, but I tend to lean toward Basil or Woodford. Maker's is a great fall back.

Mike...Send me some of your homebrew and ill send ya some small batch lol...I live here about 5min from Kentucky line and have access to the Bourbon...Makers, Four Roses, Beam/Bakers, Turkey, etc...Ya may not be interested as my wife Alma Mater is UAF (Fairbanks)...lol...Drop me a line

God I love me some Woodford Reserve. On the rocks with a nice cigar, nothing better..... except a homebrew of course

I love bourbon too. It started with jack, then I discovered maker's mark, then knob creek was even better, and now I can get woodford reserve for $25 and I can't wait to try it.

I rarely touch it anymore, but I love some bourbon & a bit o Tennessee Whiskey. I've had Knob Creek, Woodford Reserve, and some other rather expensive selections, but don't find them to be worth the money. Love the Makers Mark, started drinking it a long time ago. Also it's now tradition at my house to have a Whiskey, brown sugar, mustard, & ginger sauce with our Christmas Ham.

Schlante,
Phillip

MMMMMMMMMMMM BOOOOOUUUUUURRRRBAAAAAANNN!!!!

It sfuynny cuz so many people say tehy get mean on whicsky, but is makes me mellowwwww! tequiles on the other hand??? no so good

Bourbon is great - I'm a big fan of Knob Creek and a good friend just introduced me to Bookers. Small Batch FTW! :rockin:

...I like scotch better though, especially the Islay stuff - Lagavulin 16 is dreamy and I do have an inch or so left but my budget steers me more often towards Laphroaig 10 or Bowmore 12.

Cheers! :mug:

I have a fifth of Four Roses (the former seagrams brand of blended whiskey that now produces kentucky straight bourbons) and a fifth of Bulleit. Usually have some Buffalo Trace hanging around too but that tends to go fast as it's cheap and good around these parts :)

And what's this? I'm out of sweet vermouth. Better go pick some up... might be a Manhattan night :D

May I suggest trying Elijah Craig 12 and 18. Both are nice and complex. Both are excellent neat as well as in Manhattans. The price is also nice compared to some of the more highly advertised brands.

Scotch is my other favorite with Speyside and Islay brands being my favorites.

Elijah Craig is great in mixed drinks but it lacks complexity as a "sipper" - at least in my experience (but I tend to gravitate toward the "smokier" bourbons ;)). Still, it's a very good bourbon - I use it as my "well bourbon". :rockin:

Huge bourbon and scotch fan here too, but my tastes are pretty rich (Glenlivet Nadura 16, Glenlivet 18, Talisker, Glenmorangie 18, etc).
I despise JD after trying much better bourbons like Makers, Woodford, Eagle Rare,etc. I just tried some Elijah Craig 18 year old single barrel.... OMFG that is like liquid heaven! Best I've ever had, hands down.

Eagle rare is another that they have and I'm interested in trying. It's so great that, like beer, the best bourbon in the world is affordable to the average person.

scotch is one of my favorite things.

best I ever had was Glenfiddich with a meal of Roasted Quail at The Whaling station in Monterey California.

Ha! if I didnt have spin class tomorrow at 6am. Youd bet your ass id be knee deep in some right now

I <3 you burbon! You make a long week slip slide away.......

Wait Paul Simon and Burbon?!?!?

*its taken me 20 min to write this post cohearntly*

Ahhh yes my love come to me! Dance with the coca cola and make sweet sweet love to my liver!

Coca-cola's a whore. Caught her foolin' around with Bacardi and Crown Royal. Not to mention that Jack Daniels who thinks he's bourbon but he's really only Tennessee Whiskey.

Ain't no way I'm sharing my bourbon with that tramp.

Back