Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work, I like this a lot. My only comment would be close the door slowly, so you don't accidentally open up a faucet and dump a keg out inside the fridge. Maybe some faucet locks would ensure this doesn't happen ever.

Thanks! With the ball taps, there isn't a lot of weight swinging around up top, acting as leverage. So they are a little harder to pull and I should be fine. But that is a good point that I had not thought of before.

You must really trust your neighbors!

Not really, but the covered porch is behind a privacy fence, the fridge itself has padlocks on both doors (have to protect the hops in the freezer too), and I have a security camera pointed right at it. Ultimate beer security. :rockin:

I like your inside taps BrewPirate!

My upright keezer also has taps inside the door. The door has a lock & key which is great for keeping out the unauthorized. My budget didn't allow for the 4 perlicks that I wanted so I used picnic taps instead (highly modified of course). Like so:

176.JPG

345.JPG

520.JPG

99.JPG

621.JPG

714.JPG

817.JPG

After 8 months of planning and working here is my keezer!

6064-img-0235.jpg

The lid and backsplash still need to be tiled (coincidentally I have the same glass mosaic tile that ttumotion used on his) and some corner trim needs to be applied, along with various other odds and ends, but it pours beer!

Thanks to everyone who shared their build process on this forum and anyone who answered questions (mine and others)!

My build thread is here and also please check out the Coffin Keezer List

looks great, you will love that tile. Pictures do it no justice. I really dig seeing everyone's build, there are some talented folks here.

I'm finally ready to show my kegerator. I built it myself over about 8 months as I needed extra taps.
kegvert.jpg

taps.jpg

innards.jpg

And just for context here is the bar it's behind.
front.jpg

That all sits under my top deck with a tin beach shack roof suspended from above.
shack.jpg

Here is the top deck where I watch the sun set.
topdeck.jpg

Kegerator price break down
(not including hoses)

Fridge - Free
Six corney kegs - $50
Four faucets and shanks and Co2 splitter- $80
20# Co2 tank - $20
Mirror - Free
Tap handles - $30
Keg connectors - $40
Total - $220

Ragutis, I can't believe this one went by without a comment. What a killer setup. I am of course fishing for an invite to your next party.

I hope people that don't get comments on their kegerators know that people are still looking and appreciating. I don't post "cool!" after every post (and I would) because people would get sick of it. :)

I hope people that don't get comments on their kegerators know that people are still looking and appreciating. I don't post "cool!" after every post (and I would) because people would get sick of it. :)

Ditto on this... I am subscribed and have looked at every post here. Such an inspiring thread. Good work everyone!!!

:mug::ban::tank:

Nothing special, but it's mine and it works! Haven't painted with the chalkboard paint yet, but that's on my To Do list eventually. The wood was sort of ugly so painted it just a brown, but it's what I had and didn't want to waste money on good stuff until I have this down. This was my first "wood working" project in about 10 years! I've done some tinkering along the way, but wasn't confident in my ability yet, so used the ugly stuff first in case I had to rip it apart and start over.

Kegerator.jpg

I'm not a homebrewer - yet, but I do love craft beer. A homebrewing friend of mine showed me his keezer setup a few years ago and opened up my mind to the fact that I could indeed have draft beer at home. I bought this unit used from a defunct pizza place. It's a Perlick brand. I did replace the plumbing and faucets (Perlick 525ss). The tap handles were custom carved by a friend of mine. No way would I have ever taken the time to build a keezer...

P1020005.jpg

P1020006.jpg

P1020007.jpg

P1020008.jpg

P1020009.jpg

^^^^MENS ROOM RED! I FREAKING LOVE MENS ROOM RED!!! Being in the Seattle area, I listen to them daily. I freaking love their show. That's winning sir...on all accounts from the handles, to the kegerator, to the beer you have chosen. I applaud and salute you.

Cheers!

^^^^MENS ROOM RED! I FREAKING LOVE MENS ROOM RED!!! Being in the Seattle area, I listen to them daily. I freaking love their show. That's winning sir...on all accounts from the handles, to the kegerator, to the beer you have chosen. I applaud and salute you.

Cheers!

:mug:

Been trying CL for a piece of granite, but don't think its gonna happen. I got a 4912 i'm converting, and trying to incorporate a bottle fridge in the same corner. Either way, I want a nice countertop instead of the usual fridge top. Might have to check out the granite tiles

Check out building supply surplus stores in your area. Here in DC we have a place called Community Forklift where people donate building supplies and they resell them. Like Goodwill meets Home Depot. I got a large granite slab (39" x 27") for a table top there for $60. I'm sure there's something similar in your area.

I've had this up and running for about 2 years. When I get home off this deployment I may do something with the plumbing like one of the other guys on this thread did. I'm tired of always having to move hoses around every time I open the door.

Keggerator.jpg

Orkin
That is great use of a small freezer. I have one like that I use to lager in. I may take that design and add some kegs to it.
Thanks!

I'm brand new to brewing (3 - 5 gallon batches), but already hooked. An amazing craigslist find on the wine cooler was the starting point of my kegerator. I'm now just waiting on my love controller to get here, as well as my tap handles to be powder coated and it'll be finished...for now.

image-1309568135.jpg

I'm brand new to brewing (3 - 5 gallon batches), but already hooked. An amazing craigslist find on the wine cooler was the starting point of my kegerator. I'm now just waiting on my love controller to get here, as well as my tap handles to be powder coated and it'll be finished...for now.

Nice.

I got to know - what are the tap handles going to be?

BTW you will like like the love controller

-TH- said:
Nice.

I got to know - what are the tap handles going to be?

BTW you will like like the love controller

The tap handles kind of look like brass knuckles but bigger. We'll see how they work.

I've read good things about love controllers, so we'll see how it goes.

Orkin
That is great use of a small freezer. I have one like that I use to lager in. I may take that design and add some kegs to it.
Thanks!

Depending on what your tolerance is for the collar, you might want to build a bigger one. As you can see, I had to cut out the top of the lid to fit everything in, I really didn't want the collar any taller than a 1x6

Here is mine. It is junk in comparison to many I have seen on here. Still has a few aesthetic modifications to be completed, but it works.

I think you're the first guy I've seen that has used a collar sideways. Strong work

After two years of using mine and splashing a lot of beer around I would relocate your temp controller if possible.

Horror story: We had a big party at the house. All ages of people ranging from 21 to 50. A rather blonde blonde walked up to the keggerator grabbed a tap handle and pulled it exclaiming "Is this real?" Beer shot all over the floor for a good 5 seconds before I could push her out of the way to shut it. She just stood there amazed that beer actually flows out of a tap. You know the ins and outs of your system but never underestimate the stupidity of the drunk.

I think you're the first guy I've seen that has used a collar sideways. Strong work

After two years of using mine and splashing a lot of beer around I would relocate your temp controller if possible.

Horror story: We had a big party at the house. All ages of people ranging from 21 to 50. A rather blonde blonde walked up to the keggerator grabbed a tap handle and pulled it exclaiming "Is this real?" Beer shot all over the floor for a good 5 seconds before I could push her out of the way to shut it. She just stood there amazed that beer actually flows out of a tap. You know the ins and outs of your system but never underestimate the stupidity of the drunk.

With the collar I figured guys had done it with chest freezers so why not try it on the front of my old college dorm mini fridge. I also stained the pine that I used on the collar green with rit dye... hadn't seen this one on here before. Finished the wood off with a combination of armor-all and tongue oil which causes a chemical reaction making a very hard quick drying finish.

After hearing your story I will most likely re-locate the temperature control to an area not directly under the tap. Thanks for the advice

Back