What would you consider with a "reconditioned" keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blk94f150

Reaction score
I just got my Brew Logic Dual Tap Draft System from Midwest. One of the kegs is missing both post o-rings and all four of the tube o-rings (the o-ring between the post fittings) are pretty worn.

The kegs did come under pressure, so everything must seal well, but I was expecting new O-rings at least.

I've ordered bulk O-rings from McMaster-Carr for all three types, but do you think Midwest should have put new O-rings on the kegs?

I'm debating if I should call them or just say screw it.

Mike

I got the same system from midwest and it was fine, rings replaced and everything. I would call them. Maybe it was just an oversight

The keg they sent me (i ordered a keg from midwest) had all it's o-rings, and they were in decent shape, although I could tell they were used for many a glass of soda.

I still replaced them, as no one knows how old they are and what might have been done to them - I can't remember what was stated on the site when I bought them, but I don't think I expected them to be new o-rings.

I would expect all new o-rings in a reconditioned keg, but unless midwest said that would be the case, I'd only be upset about the post o-rings missing.

I agree with David_42 I would expect it to be cleaned, all new O-rings (including the lid) and holding pressure. New poppits would be nice but not expected.

Just got off the phone with Midwest. I'm getting all new post and dip tube O-rings. I didn't mention the lids, but they are fine as far as I can see and I don't expect anything that I didn't pay for. But maybe they'll be generous.

In any case, I'm a very satisfied Midwest customer right now.

Mike

yeah, Midwest has very good customer service. I ordered a coupole ounces of cascade leaf from them, but they sent pellets. No big deal, but I called to see if they were out or if it was just a mistake, and they said to keep the pellets and they sent me the leafs. I will def. be ordering again when the time comes.

Back