Which Brewing Software do you like best?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kedash

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am going to purchase some brewing software for AG and I plan on batch sparging.

I went through the "Product Reviews" thread and didn't find enough reviews to point me towards any particular software.

I am requesting some feedback on what software you use and why you like it the best.

Thank you.

I've used the trial versions of both ProMash and Beersmith. I like ProMash's interface more, but it hasn't been updated in several years. Beersmith is more updated and is a few bucks cheaper. Try both and see which you like. There are others, but I haven't used them.

Promash is what I use, but mainly that's because that is what I found first. I like it, though it could use some improvements.

I did the trial of Beersmith and Promash before my first AG brew, and afterward I purchased Beersmith because I really like how it was laid out. It's quick to access, easy to use and has all the tools and conversions I guy/girl could want. It's one of the best software purchases I've made.

+1 on BeerSmith. I had been using ProMash, but I downloaded the trial of BeerSmith and ended up buying it. It seems to be done quite well.

I was trying to make the same decision about six months ago. I was comparing promash and beersmith. It seemed like both were popular packaged. Both were used by veteran brewers.

I was won over to beersmith because it was actively being developed.

I could also see on beersmith's forums that they were responding to users questions.

Promash is the only way to go because that is what I use, however there are plenty of misguided people who believe that Beersmith is good. :D

Seriously, I would download the free trial versions of any software you are considering, and try them out and pick the one you prefer (if any).

-a.

+1 to AJF. Download what you think you might like, use it for as much as it'll let you do, try it on and see if it fits. One application will fit you like a nice pair of trousers.

I use Promash, primarily because I've used it for ages and ages, from homebrewing to pro brewing and back again. It's familiar and I'm extremely comfortable with it.

No piece of software is going to be the be-all and end-all. Useful tools, to be sure. But each brewery is different, and it'll take some time to get your software successfully configured, even after you select an application and get comfortable with it.

Have fun!

Bob

I just wanted to thank everyone for the very helpful replies (as usual)!

Also, my girlfriend just commented on how she loves how everyone on this site seems so helpful and that there are no secrets (meaning everyone shares their knowledge).

Dan

I bought beersmith over the holiday weekend.

There are many things I still don't understand about it (finally found sparge water under water requirements) but Brad's input in here is so good that he deserved the support, IMO.

I use Beersmith. The selling point for me was the personal support from Brad. he is very good about helping fix any problems you may have with his software.

Back