Vissani kegerator not cold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sethlovex

Reaction score
I have searched for info and now am seeking advice. My friend gave me this kegerator for free, I plugged it in, waited 24 hours, temp inside not cold at all over 70 degrees. Tried adjusting the thermostat screw, still no cold. Compressor is running, I can hear liquid circulating through the cold plate. I spent 200 bucks on new Qd's, beer and gas lines, and two used corny kegs. So my options at this point seem to be:
1. Order a new thermostat for 25$ and change it myself, looks simple enough but not sure if this will fix the problem
2. Service call from appliance store 125$ min charge and they may not be able to fix it 3. Scrap it and build a keezer

fridges are cheap (sometimes free) on Craig's List or other local rag. It sounds like your investment is what's inside the fridge, not the fridge itself.

I have searched for info and now am seeking advice. My friend gave me this kegerator for free, I plugged it in, waited 24 hours, temp inside not cold at all over 70 degrees. Tried adjusting the thermostat screw, still no cold. Compressor is running, I can hear liquid circulating through the cold plate. I spent 200 bucks on new Qd's, beer and gas lines, and two used corny kegs. So my options at this point seem to be:
1. Order a new thermostat for 25$ and change it myself, looks simple enough but not sure if this will fix the problem
2. Service call from appliance store 125$ min charge and they may not be able to fix it 3. Scrap it and build a keezer

I found one left out (trash companies won't take) changed the temp control and dropped to 40* in a couple of hours. Wife keeps whine and mead in it.;) You can use the control if not.

Back