What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
right now strawberry banna mead, a dry cyser with ginger, and a high abv [16%] lemon ginger mead, that I call the cure for the common cold

The two I just orderd I imagine are sitting at the grape and granary, with all the other goodies and the grain bill for 2x red headed lover and 2x ed worts haus pale ale [plus anything else I order before the weekend].

I have a split 11 gallon batch of Foreign Extra Stout - half with London Ale III and half with Irish Ale.

cclloyd said:
I have a split 11 gallon batch of Foreign Extra Stout - half with London Ale III and half with Irish Ale.

Please post your tasting notes when they're done? I'd love to hear another take on those, especially on a stout!

5 gal of German hefe in one primary. 5 gal of hoppy porter in another primary. 5 gal of bohemian pils in a secondary. I think I need to brew again tomorrow or Friday to keep the pipeline full.

In Fermenter:
Kolsch
Imperial Chocolate Milk Porter

Kegged:

Citra Rye Saison
Citra Rye Saison dry hopped with Saaz
Citra Rye Saison dry hopped with Citra and Simcoe

Riwaka / Mouteka IPA dry hopped with Galaxy
Riwaka / Mouteka IPA with French Oak

Cinnamon Pomegranate Ale
Chamomile Pomegranate Ale

C.H. Evans Kick Ass Brown Clone
Maple Imperial Stout
American and French Oak Aged Bourbon Imperial Stout

Just finished 5gal. of Cascadian Dark Ale (Black IPA). Brew day went awesome! Now just hoping my basement doesn't get too cold.

Also have:

5gal. Hazelnut Brown (keg/secondary)
5gal. Chocolate Espresso Imperial Stout (keg/secondary)

What's the old saying? A picture is worth a thousand words...

I've got 3 sours, an American IPA, a Robust Porter, and a bucket of cider in there right now.

Full Fermenter.jpg

Just bottled the pale ale yesterday and racked the Russian Imp Stout to secondary. the black ipa and the stout get bottled in 2 weeks

looking for a big ipa to brew this weekend that would be good the end of january:ban: any suggestions?

I have Caribou Slobber brown ale in my secondary; Bottle date expected Thanksgiving weekend.
Primary #1 has an Irish Red Ale. Bottle date expected 11/30 and Primary #2 is a batch of Cream Ale with expected bottle date of 12/01. A buddy of mine is giving me another 5 gal glass carboy this week so I'll have 2 secondaries. That will free up a primary to get another batch in for the holidays.

Just finished 5gal. of Cascadian Dark Ale (Black IPA). Brew day went awesome! Now just hoping my basement doesn't get too cold.

One thing you have in your favor: Underground temps rarely go below 58 degrees below 24" in most parts of the country.

Got PBW in the one fermenter soaking it clean. The cascade pale pm is in bottles due for fridge time the evening of Sat 11/16.Dec 1st or so,my own Sunset Gold APA pm version with NZ hops for Jan.

I have what started as EdWort's Haus Ale, but the LHBS was out of cascade hops and crystal 10L, so I subbed centennial hops and 20L. I also ended up adding an extra half ounce of hops. Smells good and hit my OG dead on. I've also got my friend's cinnamon spiced amber ale bubbling away. We did a double brew day yesterday, he brought his extract equipment over, and I did an all grain batch to walk him through the process.

1st fermenter: 15 gallons of stone 10anv ruination clone @ 1.096

2ndfermenter: 5gallons of brett saison with wlp644..racking to keg today!

Igotsand

Sunset Gold APA pm version with NZ hops for Jan.

I just did an APA with all NZ hops. Pacifica and Pacific Gem. Turned out pretty good, I stressed the yeast out a little so that it would kick off some esters. Those esters, combined with the fruitiness of the hops, made the beer turn out like a Belgian IPA.

5 gallon NB Phat Tyre
5 gallon NB Speckled Heifer
3 gallon Bass clone
3 gallon Guinness clone
1 gallon MO/EKG smash
2x 5 gallon Apfelwein (one has been in primary for 3 months, the other just hit 2 months)

Planning to brew another 1 gallon smash on Thanksgiving.

Primary - American Amber (will be my first kegged beer). Also have an elderflower metheglin bubbling. American Red going into the kettle next weekend (Red Friday at my house!)

I've got an American Amber, Bavarian Hefeweizen and a Rasberry Wheat in fermentors. I'm hoping to do a RyePA tommorow and and a Vanilla Porter this weekend. That would give me 25 gallons at one time which is the most I've ever had fermenting at once.

Primary - American Amber (will be my first kegged beer). Also have an elderflower metheglin bubbling. American Red going into the kettle next weekend (Red Friday at my house!)

Great idea, having a themed brew day! Could be blue, black, whatever...

Primary - Spiced Christmas Ale, will be transferring to secondary, probably on Thanksgiving

Also, 10 gal. of cider which I just put into buckets over the weekend. They've got a way to go.

Will be brewing the White House honey ale over the weekend, to enjoy on Inauguration Day.

Revvy's Vienna Lager (with a little modification to the hopping) is lagering away in the fridge in the garage, sitting at 34°F according to the thermometer this morning.

An unnamed doppelbock using rinsed and re-pitched WLP833 yeast from the Vienna is just starting to burp the blow-off tube in the brand new chest freezer.

Sitting next to it in a growler is half a gallon of what I guess is a bock. I had some issues with LME settling to the bottom of the kettle for the doppelbock, so my initial dilution was too much. Drew off half a gallon of 1.061 and dumped the good stuff (plus the trub) from the kettle into the big fermentor and got it up to 1.074 (or perhaps a bit more if it was still badly mixed). Although I was zonked at 2:30am while dealing with that, I had the foresight to save both that and some of the leftover slurry that I'd rinsed, so last night I realized I might as well mix 'em up and try to ferment them. The "airlock" is a real beauty made from a blow-off hose, a rubber glove with its finger cut off, and a couple rubber bands.....

Back