Three Keggle Brewery Build! PICS!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoCardinals09

Reaction score
Well Folks, I finally got tired of my old All Grain Igloo Cooler Brewery and started this new one a few weeks ago. It will be a work in progress because of the cost of all the new parts, as you all know, but I will post new pics whenever something new is added. And please give me your input along the way if you think I F#*!ED something up or if I should change something. Cheers! :mug:

Now I need to decide what color to paint the frame!!! Any ideas? :ban:

Lookin good! You going to put some caster wheels on it? I did on mine and it makes life a lot easier. Paint it black with red, yellow, and orange flames where the burners will be.

Lookin good! You going to put some caster wheels on it? I did on mine and it makes life a lot easier. Paint it black with red, yellow, and orange flames where the burners will be.

Yes there will be wheels. Probably 2 on one end and solid rubber "bumpers" on the other end. Ill be able to lift the bumper side, move it, and set it where ever. Love the flame idea!!!!

You may want to reconsider the bumpers instead of wheels. I recently built a two tier stand, and got two swivel casters, and two fixed ones. I wish I had used all four swivel casters. It's a pain to lift and move the end that doesn't steer. You'll have a hell of a time moving that without wheels. YMMV.

You may want to reconsider the bumpers instead of wheels. I recently built a two tier stand, and got two swivel casters, and two fixed ones. I wish I had used all four swivel casters. It's a pain to lift and move the end that doesn't steer. You'll have a hell of a time moving that without wheels. YMMV.

Thanks for the advice!!!!

What type of burners are you rocking?

P.S. I'll take your old cooler off your hands :)

GoCardinals09 said:
I'm thinking ill use 3 Banjo Burners! Ill need the cooler till this brewery is complete. Not sure when that will be!!

Nice! Those look legit, can't wait to see them installed. Sweet looking build so far. And I was joking on the cooler hehe, thanks though! Cheers!

my wooden rig has 4 swivels.. great for pushing it exactly where you want to go on flat surfaces, but it took some getting used to moving it from my storage location to my brewing location.. mine is stored in my walkout basement and i wheel it up the sidewalk to the garage.. heavy rigs can easily get away from you ;)

my wooden rig has 4 swivels.. great for pushing it exactly where you want to go on flat surfaces, but it took some getting used to moving it from my storage location to my brewing location.. mine is stored in my walkout basement and i wheel it up the sidewalk to the garage.. heavy rigs can easily get away from you ;)

Great to know! Thanks!!! I think I am going to paint the frame and add the wheels over the holiday weekend. Of course, pics will follow!!!!

Cheers

Finally got some time to do more work on the brewery! added 4 locking caster wheels and 3 10'' Banjo Burners that can be be adjusted up and down to adjust the distance between the burner and my keggle. Enjoy the pics!! Cheers

That's a great idea for the burner mounting. I tend to over complicate things like this. Good looking rig. Great job.

Very exciting time! Just ordered the pump and false bottom kit. Should be putting them in within the week. Pics to follow!

What size propane tank are you using? Everything looks great. Wish I had painted mine before using it.

Thanks man!! Im just running a 20 lb tank right now. Im planning on buying a 100 lb tank before my first brew! Just got me false bottom in the mail from NorCal. Cant wait!

RoadKing said:
Is that high temp. paint?

The black is high temp where the burners are. The green is just normal paint. I'm banking on it being far enough away from the flames.

Got my quick disconnects from McMaster-Carr in the mail today!!! Hope to put them on this weekend!

Well I am almost done with the brewery build!!! Here are the latest pictures. Only a few more minor things to install and ill be brewing away!!! Enjoy!

Now that you're mostly done, do a little dance. You know, do a dance worthy of that awesome color. I know you have it in you :ban:

Back