How long will my beer keep?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pohljm

Reaction score
I have just completed my first batch of Brewers Best IPA and it turned out fantastic! I just had a little opening party and have many bottles left still under refrigeration. Can I take these out of the fridge and store for later? Wife would like some more fridge space! Also the bottled beer that has never been refrigerated, how long will this beer last? Noob question for sure, but I have not seen this answered:rockin:.

Depending if it was dry hopped you may lose the aroma or hop flavor some after a few months.Thats the thing with ipa's otherwise it will get better with age. I would cellar a few to see, just experiment.Personally i havent stuck any of my batches in the fridge till im ready to drink them one at a timeor two.

You can remove them from the fridge with no problem. The bottled beer will remain good for quite a while, months. Some beers like barley wines, belgiums, and imperial stouts taste best after a year or more.

If you have them long enough for them to get to the point of being undrinkable, you should probably consider taking up a different hobby :D

They'll be fine, but as was previously pointed out, hop aromas fade with time, so if you keep them for months or longer, don't expect a hoppy beer when you open them, they'll still be good, just more malty.

Back