Blichmann on NG- heat from the burner affecting the NG hose?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aa760

Reaction score
So, I just got this thing hooked up. I am wondering if I need to be concerned about the amount of heat coming from the burner affecting the NG hose. It seems like it's far enough away, but I am looking for some experienced reassurance. Any comments, suggestions, reassurances, warnings?

image-3537787638.jpg

So, I just got this thing hooked up. I am wondering if I need to be concerned about the amount of heat coming from the burner affecting the NG hose. It seems like it's far enough away, but I am looking for some experienced reassurance. Any comments, suggestions, reassurances, warnings?
Now, I'm not experienced with the NG version, but if its anything like the propane version, the part where the hose attaches to the unit is not particularly hot. If you stick your hand there on a propane version it isn't hot at all (i.e. heat rises) and unless I'm missing some sciencey stuff here, there isn't any reason a NG should be any more or less dangerous.

Back