BeerSmith question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skinfiddler

Reaction score
Still learning the switches and levers of this software, I am not finding how to post up recipes from BS to HBT as many here do. Is it just a copy/paste procedure er whut?

I searched a couple of different ways on the site here. Maybe I didn't dig deep enough.

Thanks

When your recipe is in the preview pane, hit file/export as. Then save your file to Documents as a Web file. Open it up in Documents, and then copy and paste into your post.

Here's another method that's even a bit quicker:

- Go to the main recipes view
- Click on your recipe so it displays in the preview pane
- Select the text you want to cut in the preview pane, then right click on it and select "Copy"
- Paste the text in your browser

For the best results, I recommend using the "Text" report format which you can select on the drop-down box that is on the first toolbar at the top of the BeerSmith window.

Cheers,
Brad

Thanks to Tex, we also now have the ability to attach Beersmith recipes to posts as .bsm files.
  • Highlight the recipe in "My Recipes" or "Brew Log"
  • Click on the "File" menu
  • Click on "Export As"
  • Make sure the "Only Items That Are Selected" radio button is checked
  • Save the file wherever is convenient
  • Scroll down in the HBT post window to find "Manage Attachments"
  • Attach the file to your post
That will put a .bsm file in your post so that anyone using Beersmith can open it in the program. Very handy, especially for the recipe database.

Chad

Back