Who's smoking meat this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally connected with one of wife's uncles and got the family recipe for smoked German sausage. Pretty basic pork and beef sausage smoked over apple wood. Gonna give it shot this weekend.

I'm not smoking meat this weekend, but my boss was nice enough to give me 2 full sticks of cold smoked venison sausage. This stuff is liquid platinum to me! And my friends ask why I stay at my job! :)

11 pounds of strip roast, ABTs, pig shots...and what ever else I can scare up. I'll post pics as I go.

Garage is closed only for picture taking.

DSCN0123.jpg

DSCN0124.jpg

Pit roasted a suckling pig for Christmas dinner. A first for me. Turned out great.

ForumRunner_20121225_195144.jpg

ForumRunner_20121225_195211.jpg

Firing up the new smoker for the first time today. The wife was very good to me this Christmas....

pork butt, ribs and bologna chub @ about 2+ hours....

IMAG1717.jpg
[/IMG]

My sister-in-law and her family, as well as my brother-in-law and his family chipped in to get me a generous gift card last Christmas, which turned into my 18.5 WSM. We're all together again, so I'm smoking up a pork butt for either the Packers/Vikings game or the Rose Bowl. Go Badgers!

I'll be throwing a pork butt in the smoker shortly to make some pulled pork chilli this evening!

I put a trimmed 8 lb. pork butt on an apple wood fire at about 5:00 a.m. - should be ready in plenty of time for the Packer game.

Big batch this weekend. Turkey breast, Brisket, jerked beef sk=lices and Loukimikos greek sausage. Alll on top of natural lump charcoal and hickory chunks for smoke. Looks like it's gonna be a killer day Sunday and I plan to get an early start so I am not up fooling with all night long too. While the smoker is cooking I plan to be outside and cleaning up the shop, so I can finish some of my already started projects... Finally
Wgeelchair Bob

Sometime this weekend, APL wings. No cooking in the tray, I hot smoke em till they are cooked through, then I go direct to get some char on em.

we're remodeling the kitchen so I'm cooking outdoors these days. Last night it was spatch-cocked chicken and sweet potatoes. This afternoon I bought a small pork roast, about 4 pounds, and smoked it. An hour before it was done I wrapped some taters in foil and cooked them on the grill. Another excellent meal but it will be nice to have a stove and oven again.

This weekend... Yardbird thighs. Nothing special. Rubbed, smoked with apple chunks, some BBQ sauced, some hot wing sauced. The best of both worlds.

2 weekends in a row. Last week was a Turkey breast, Brisket and some home made Kielbasa, this week whole muscle Teryaki beef jerky strips. Up next an all beef polish link sausage and then either Andoule' or Budin. Havent looked that far ahead yet to know whicj it will be. I'm kind of leaning toward the Boudin and doing the Andoule' later when my Mai Bock is bottled and ready to drink. The Boudin will go good with the Hanks Hefe kit I got from Midwest. Still got tons of projects to finish too. The brew troller I am building isn't gonna assemble itself, so I better get busy soon.
Wheelchair Bob

Have 2 boar shoulder roast going that I shot last week end and a back strap.....smoking on pecan and cherry would about 200°…been on there since 1 am. Should be done after church...made some apple cherry cider to go with it.

This last weekend I hit the smoker hard, smoked mozzarella, pepperjack, monterey jack, cheddar, string cheese, chex mix, sirracha pistachios, pepperplant pistachios, tri tip, two different kinds of jerky, and salsa con queso. It was a long weekend with late nights and early mornings but well worth it.

This last weekend I hit the smoker hard, smoked mozzarella, pepperjack, monterey jack, cheddar, string cheese, chex mix, sirracha pistachios, pepperplant pistachios, tri tip, two different kinds of jerky, and salsa con queso. It was a long weekend with late nights and early mornings but well worth it.

Dang

fxdude said:

Wow that's a lot of smokin!

I did 60# of bacon last weekend and just now finished 50# of ham. I'd like to do some beef just to eat I think this weekend. A chuck would be good, just rib it, smoke it and chill the IPAs.

Have 2 boar shoulder roast going that I shot last week end and a back strap.....smoking on pecan and cherry would about 200°…been on there since 1 am. Should be done after church...made some apple cherry cider to go with it.

Where can I get some pecan? I had a ribeye grilled over some down in MS a couple years ago and it was kick butt. I'd really love to get some. Do you have your own access or can you give me a point in the right direction? Much appreciated.

How did that wild boar turn out? I haven't got any around here.

312398_663370643435_177866418_n.jpg

Just one of the 3 things going in the smoker today. Just got done making some ABT's.

Where can I get some pecan? I had a ribeye grilled over some down in MS a couple years ago and it was kick butt. I'd really love to get some. Do you have your own access or can you give me a point in the right direction? Much appreciated.

How did that wild boar turn out? I haven't got any around here.

Well I'm in Oklahoma pecan wood is all round...and by the end of the night the boar was gone so I think it came out amazing

Anybody here ever smoked with Bradford Pear? They are planted all over here as a decorative tree and after a few years of growth a good ice or wind will break the tops out of them. I've heard it's another fruit wood, but the tree doesn't make an edible fruit.

Anybody here ever smoked with Bradford Pear? They are planted all over here as a decorative tree and after a few years of growth a good ice or wind will break the tops out of them. I've heard it's another fruit wood, but the tree doesn't make an edible fruit.

I think I heard or read somewhere not to use those. Don't remember why though.

Broke in my new ECB this Sunday with a 7 pound Boston Butt. I've been lurking the smoking section for awhile and I'd like to thank everyone for all the info that made this smoke go real nice and smooth

ForumRunner_20130211_121918.jpg

Back