Hangar 24 orange wheat clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hbhomebrew

Reaction score
I am looking for an all grain Hangar 24 orange wheat clone recipe. Does anyone happen to have this recipe or maybe an orange hefeweizen that might be close.

Cheers

I am looking for an all grain Hangar 24 orange wheat clone recipe. Does anyone happen to have this recipe or maybe an orange hefeweizen that might be close.

Cheers

I have seen this same question like 4 times on here, never seen the recipe.. i would like their columbus ipa recipe

Is that Hangar 24 in Redlands CA? If so, yes. I too, would love this. It's awesome stuff. The smell of that place in the spring when the orange trees bloom is incredible.

I made an orange wheat that came pretty darn close. Let me look up the recipe. I used oranges from Redlands when I did it and it came out real nice. I have found that the Orange wheat is different depending on the season. They use different oranges throughout the year. The oranges I used came around new years. I actually prefer the Hangers Alt beer.

Shoot: I just realize this was an extract batch I made and I did not write the recipe down. From what I recall, I used Weihenstepher yeast, peeled 4 oranges using a pototoe peeler and put them in the last 5 minutes of the boil.

5gal batch best orange witbier I had to date and I love H24!
10 lbs German Pilsner
3 lbs flaked wheat
1.5 lbs flaked oats
Mash at 151-152° 60 min
Once finished mashing put hops in button of brew kettle then fill with the wart. Then bring to boil 60 min. (U can add hops at 30min and 5 min if u hop smell and taste) at 30 min add 1 full orange puréed yes skin and all again at 15 and at 5 or 3 min. I like using belgian wit ale yeast but when I'm doing hangar cl

Back