Bottom-Side-Up Labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bottom-Side-Up

Reaction score
These are the first four labels for our brewery. Let us know what you think?

fb honey kolsch final 041911.jpg

fb ailing pail pale ale final 041911 smaller.jpg

fb jack the ripa final 041911.jpg

fb cold morning amber final 041911.jpg

Thanks everyone for the compliments. These labels are done using Inkscape.

@trevor_b...we now take OG readings....these were our first two beers. Kind of forgot that step in the beginning. You will see on the follow on labels that we remembered to start taking that reading!

Damn. Those are real nice. Is Inkscape like open-source Illustrator?

Edit: After downloading Inkscape, I'm even more impressed by your skill.

wow, you clearly know what you are doing.

I like the clearly inebriated cartoony look your characters have.

Illustrations are awesome. The only crtique I have is to cut off the background and just do a solid color behind the "brewer's warning".

Haha. your brewer's warning is much better than the surgeon general's. Also, we seem to have been brewing the same styles this winter (I love how my RyePA came out).

Just a typographical issue: there's too large a space between the 'P' and the 'ail' on the PA. Otherwise they look great!

Thank you all for your comments and Critiques, they have been very reassuring and very helpful. Stay tuned for more postings. Also if you want to see more click on the link in my signature.

I'd ask you for advice on how to make such awesome labels, but I'd fear you'd respond with a seinfeld quote:

"It's like saying to Pavarotti, 'Teach me to sing like you.'"

@BrewThruYou......ask away, I am more than willing to help! Honestly it might not be as hard as you think it is.

That goes for anyone....if I could be of assistance please let me know. I will help in anyway I can. I am no expert, I learn something new each time I make a label.

not bad, really. names are clever too. looks as though these are produced by or for some frat guys...

@TomHanx........I am no Frat Guy, never was....just a geeky engineer. These are just for fun (for now) noone in particular in mind when designing them. Just like playing on words.

Did you create all the illustrations yourself? If so, you're have quite the vector talent.

Back