Denver DIY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlchemyBrewing

Reaction score
I wouldn't call myself a noob... though others might, and I probably couldn't argue. I think being out of brewing for the last 8 years I am a bit behind on a lot of the new ideas out there. I know the keezer builds and system builds are far more advanced then they were a decade ago. I am committed to getting back up to speed and thought I would share a very helpful tool with you all.

In Denver I have found a place called Club Workshop. www.clubworkshop.com

They are a fully, and I mean fully, equipped shop that you buy a membership to like a gym. They have everything you could possibly need to work some magic. Here is a partial list of the things that impressed me the most.
CNC Router big enough to handle a full sheet of plywood
CNC milling machines
metal lathe
Mig, Tig and spot welders
Plasma torch
Full metal fabrication including English wheel, saws, grinder and benders
laser engravers
3-d quick prototype printer
Full wood shop.

Now I have a decent selection of tools but this is amazing. Just thought I would share in case you are in the area and have an inkling for DIY.

... and no I don't work for them or get any benefit out of this post. Just trying to share a little knowledge for a change instead of sopping it up all the time.

Peace and brew on! :tank:

I spoke with the owner and he says it isn't too bad with the liability waivers that get signed. They also have a full computer room with numerous CAD equipment and large scale printers that will print on Vinyl sheets. Can you say Home Made Banners!

That's a sweet idea. I recently heard a local public radio story about a similar space -- I think in Ann Arbor, MI -- that does something similar I think for electronics projects.

wow that would be awesome to have access to. membership rates are lower than i expected too ($130/mo for 3, $109/mo for 6, $90/mo for 12!). they even have an automotive shop area, and rapid prototyping (sweeeeet!)
love the idea

Maybe we should coordinate a couple of visits to work on projects together. Anyone in the area interested in something like that? More heads are better than one? Not to tempt anymore than it already is... but the main facility (open to the public) for Breckenridge Brewing is just a couple of blocks away! I think I am going to get the punch card membership since I don't think I could use it enough every month to justify a monthly membership.

If they could get the membership costs down just a little bit. I bet they would have no trouble at all spreading that type of business into a chain. What a cool idea. I bet that guy talked his SWMBO into the "business"... in reality he just built the best garage in history.

Just found this post searching for a good welder recommendation for denver. I cant wait to check this place out. this might motivate me to learn to weld so i can weld my own keggles and stand. OUTSTANDING!!

on an unrelated denver note, is there anyone in the denver area interested in letting me come check out your herms/rims/ebrew setups. looking for ideas and i'd love to see a brew session.

I'm moving the next couple weekends but once I get settled and ready to brew I will shoot you a PM (if I remember :cross:)... I have a HERMS system if that interests you. I will be modifying my system soon to include some automation (BCS) and going fully electric but that's probably a Feb-March project.

I followed through on this and took the MIG welding 101 class on Tuesday night. SO MUCH FUN! And apparently I'm not bad at welding! The plan now is to get a punch card membership to go do some practice welding and then build my stand. Right now I'm planning on using regular square tube steel (I believe it's called mild steel), but I'll be taking the TIG class and if that feels like something I can handle I might try my hand at a stainless stand.

Alchemy, did you ever get that membership? I'd love to have a project buddy.

Back