Crashing a hybrid.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildwest450

Reaction score
I brewed a California Common (wlp810) and fermented at 58f, it stuck at 1.020 so I pulled it out to sit at room temp for a few days(68f). Now im ready to keg and was wondering about crash lagering. My lagerator is already in use at 36f, so would it be ok to toss this in there?

I know that lagers are supposed to be brought slowly down to temp, will it have any adverse affects? This beer is for a fund raiser so I don't want to take unnecessary risks with it.

Why did I think this was a post about wrecking a Prius? I was quite disappointed after I read the post. Sorry nothing to add other than that. Super off topic.

Well, I have beer on the brain at all times, so I knew exactly what you were going to ask!

Sure, you can cold crash it now, assuming it's completely finished.

Well, I have beer on the brain at all times, so I knew exactly what you were going to ask!

Sure, you can cold crash it now, assuming it's completely finished.

Thank god for an on topic post! Then why drop lagers only a few degrees a day?

So you can keep the yeast active. It's mainly used by commercial breweries to speed the fermentation process. Personally, I never do it. I just ferment to completion then crash it.

So you can keep the yeast active. It's mainly used by commercial breweries to speed the fermentation process. Personally, I never do it. I just ferment to completion then crash it.

Ah, thanks Denny. So crashing it will be.:mug:

Back