Maiden Voyage of my 3 Tier Stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWright

Reaction score
This is my version of the simple 3 tier stand. 8 gallon HLT, 10 Gallon MT cooler, 11 gallon BK. Not having to lift 170 degree water over my head....priceless. Note: plastic tubing plugs will melt. brewstand.jpg

The frame is 14ga 2" square steel tubing. It's all cut out of one 24' piece. I think it cost $25 and the local metal yard.

I noticed you have the Solider's & Sailor's Monument for an avatar. I grew up in Indy.

looks good, hard piped water line is a great idea except I think I would put the on/off valve higher up

Nice rig man! And +1 to not lifting hot water over your head, I have a burner on all 3 levels. I like the hard line water fill too.

My original blueprint (the one in my head) had the valve about 6 inches above the base of the MT. Functionally that is a better position. I moved it down to allow the pipe to flush mount to the vertical tube.

Good eye on the S&S Monument. I took the pic from my office.
I wish I could hard line my set up but the water here in indy sucks for all grain. It took me months to figure out the bitter taste in my all grain brews came from the water.
Ive lived in Indy all my life, what side of town did you grow up?

+1 for gravity stands, that's the way I roll. That is a nice one you have there. I have water mounted to mine, but since my stand stays outside I have to be able to remove it in the winter so it doesn't freeze.

I'm looking to build something similar, except make it wood frame 'cause I can't weld. Did you have any problem with steam from the BK condensing on the HLT burner/stand. That's my main concern with using wood.

No issues with condensation. Prior to this I didn't know how to weld either. Thru trial and error and several hours of grinding I ended up with something I can be proud of.

Search for the ladder brew stand. Some guy built a nice rig out of an old wooden ladder.

I'll get some better photos next time I brew.

Back