Temporary Taps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huaco

Reaction score
I am not quite ready to turn my ferm chamber into my kegerator yet... However, when I don't have something fermenting I want to be able to use it as a kegerator. I want to somehow mount my taps to something removable.

-- 2x4 with my 4 port distribution rail mounted to it too? --

Any other ideas? Pictures???

Yes actually a couple days ago on HBT's facebook feed they posted from a thread about a guy who was living in a rented house, and there was a frdige in the basement. He wanted to use to kegs, but didn't want to damage the fridge itself. So he put something together with a 2 by 4 frame inside holding the taps. If I can find it I'll post the link.

Ha ha Found it.

No-drill enclosed kegerator

83078d1352473323-no-drill-enclosed-kegerator-forumrunner_20121109_090202.jpg

Here is my solution...
It is a 'press fit' 1x6 holding my manifold and taps. I think this will work really well. When I need to ferment something, I will pull out the kegs... This is a pretty short term solution though. I plan to pick up a free chest freezer from my wife's grandfather. He is too old to slaughter his calves anymore and is giving me one of his chest feezers he kept his processed meat in to use as a fermentation chamber!

Also, I wanted to show off my tap labels... One for every BJCP recognized category... I think.

Make-Shift Kegerator (Large).jpg

Tap Lables (Large).jpg

Can you post how you do the magnetic labels and where you get the magnets etc.? It is a super idea. Change the keg - change the label. Wow! Thanks if you post. Sorry to hijack the tap presentation

Can you post how you do the magnetic labels and where you get the magnets etc.? It is a super idea. Change the keg - change the label. Wow! Thanks if you post. Sorry to hijack the tap presentation

The labels are not MY DIY... A buddy in my LHBC has started making them. I bartered some work on his brewery for these. He has since streamlined the labels and made a website offering them there. These were actually featured on HBT's FaceBook page a moth or so ago...

Masondesigns.net/taplabels

Back