Chicago Area Trip(Lunar Brewing and Two Brothers)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dummkauf

Reaction score
Just got back from my trip down to Chicago, or just outside of Chicago, and managed to swing by Two Brothers and Lunar Brewing, both fantastic breweries!!!

Two Brothers Brewery

For some reason, I didn't get a good shot of their giant oak barrels, you can kind of see them in a couple of these, but I didn't get a shot. According to the tour, this is the only brewery that has ordered kegs like this brand new for brewing beer(normally ordered for wine or whiskey makers), and the only thing that has been made in them is beer, more beer, and more beer.....

Making of the wort!!!
P1110823.jpg

Shot of the brewery
P1110824.jpg

Machine, that I can't remember what it was for now, but I do remember thinking cool, I should take a pic of it....
P1110825.jpg

Fermenter!!
P1110826.jpg

That's an Ale Pale for the fermenters blowoff!
P1110827.jpg

Fancy bottler
P1110828.jpg

Another shot of the brewery
P1110829.jpg

Apparently this used to be a dance academy :ban:
P1110830.jpg

Bottling/packaging area
P1110831.jpg

mmmmhhhhh....beeeeerrrrr!!!
P1110832.jpg

Beer & Kegs
P1110833.jpg

Lunar Brewing Co.

I also stopped by Lunar Brewing and managed to get an impromptu tour of the brewery(back room/kitchen). Great beer, they brew it up in back, keg it, and sell it at the bar. You can't buy their stuff in bottles, but it's well worth the trip if you're in the area. Also, be sure to order Michael Anthony's pizza while you're there. The bar tender will hook you up with the menu and they will deliver right to the bar, fantastic pizza!!!

All I had was my cell phone, so these pics aren't quite as good :(

Cleaning kegs
2010-12-07195645.jpg

Fermenters
2010-12-07195652.jpg

I had no idea Two Brothers was in Chicago. I have a six pack of theirs in my basement. Maybe I'll check out that Lunar place next time I'm in the area. Heard they have a new indoor soccer team in Villa Park I want to check out sometime

I had no idea Two Brothers was in Chicago. I have a six pack of theirs in my basement. Maybe I'll check out that Lunar place next time I'm in the area. Heard they have a new indoor soccer team in Villa Park I want to check out sometime

They're actually just outside of Chicago in Warrenville IL, think it took me about 20-25 min to drive out there from OHare, but that's also somewhat close to where I was going anyway.

And definatley check out lunar, and just trust google maps :D. Google lists 2 street names for them, but the little pin is in the right place, and my GPS couldn't take the both street names that google gave me.

Back