Score!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wables

Reaction score
So, I am on my way to pick up the kids tonight after work, and on a whim I decided to stop at my local Coke distributor. After very polite introduction, the conversation went like this:

Me: Do you ever sell those 5 gallon kegs?

Receptionist: I think so. I am not sure. Let me call the manager. What do you want them for?

Me: Kegging beer.

Manager: Can I help you?

Me: I am looking to buy some of your 5 gallon kegs.

Manager: I think we have sold them before. How many you want?

Me: I dunno. 2? 4? 6? depends on the price.

Manager: How about 3.

Me: 3 what?

Manager: Dollars each.

Me: I will take 6. Thank you!

I am pumped! All are in good condition. Rebuild kits on order. I would have taken 20, but I am still easing the wife into kegging.:ban:

Yep, pin lock. Beggers can't be choosers. I am ordering my setup for my new 4912 tomorrow, so I just gotta specify the pin lock fittings.

I stopped by my Coke bottler and was quite happy to get out of there without being spit on. :(

Actually, in all seriousness, they ripped me off with a pretty smile. I returned several hundred dollars of their property, was denied the advertised reward for doing so, and wandered on my merry way with a couple of coupons for cans of coke. Apparently people drink this stuff.

I asked about kegs while I was there and the adorable creature I had the pleasure of addressing apparently hadn't heard of kegging and 'giggled' in the most man-melting way possible. Heh. She was reeeeal purdy.

Anyway, good on ya for the find. I ordered online. Much safer for my marriage vows. ;)

Back