Founders

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Founders makes some great freakin' beer....
Their Centennial IPA is, IMO, as good as Two Hearted...... :eek:

Sure is. I bought two Centennial sixers last weekend. Now that my beer is ready I probably won't be buying any for a while. Unless I visit a brewpub like I did with Founders last night.

I might be able to live on Double Trouble... If they brewed it all year around.

I back to back these all the time to figure out my favorite. Imo, the Founders is a little less sweet, definitely lighter in color, just a little more sessionable in the mouthfeel if that makes sense.

Two hearted is excellent as well and takes no back seat to the Founders. I think the hops really shine in the Bells. Much more vibrant and up front than in the Centennial. Both excellent beers that I think would be virtually impossible for most to pick out of a blind tasting.

Don't know why I wrote this out. I guess I thought I was crazy for a while considering all the hype the two-hearted gets. Time to go brew my Octoberfest!

Founders is possibly my favorite brewery of all time, judging them by their beers.

Kentucky Breakfast Stout anyone??

Centennial is a very good IPA, however I think 2-Hearted nudges it out.

About the only beer that I've had from Founders that I didn't care for was the Cerise.

Double Trouble? Yes please!

FYI - Founders is holding their annual "Founders Fest" on June 19th from 3 to 11. They block off the street and have bands and beer and all kinds of other stuff. I encountered it last year as I was bringing my Mustang body back from the In-laws. Was too busy to stop and pay the entrance fee to attend, but looked like a great time.

No love for the old curmudgeon?

Actually, I can't think of a single founders brew I haven't enjoyed. Definitely one of my favorite breweries.

I brewed a Founders Red's Rye clone. Needless to say, it was probably my best received batch yet. I can still smell the Amarillo hops. Sad thing is I only have six 22oz bottles left.

This is indeed a brewery that doesn't make a bad batch, IMO. Red's Rye is my favorite of theirs.

Funny Everybody talks about Centennial. The Centennial is actually one of the smaller beers on tap in their tap room. They have a lot of big beers there.

I'm sipping on what could possibly be my last Founders Dirty Bastard for quite some time. The only store around here that I know of selling it just recently stopped carrying it :(

It's my favorite beer currently and I'll be sad if I can't get it without driving a few hours.

I was at Founders Fest last year for the first time--A great time. It was super hot and the beers tasted great! Looking forward to this years fest.

Founders Red's Rye and Two Brothers Cane & Ebel are two beers I would love to clone.

mmm old curmudgeon. Have on in fridge now, bought a few days ago. I love their imperial stout. Breakfast stout is yummy too (great label), would love to try KBS or canadian breakfast stout which I think is pretty recently available. Been to their place once a few years ago, would like to go again.

Back