So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I plan to brew either a batch of my Hillbilly ordinary bitter or another batch of my London porter this weekend. I haven't decided which yet. I may brew both if I have the time.

Bourbon Vanilla Porter, I've had the ingredients for over a week, made up my starter last night. I'm pumped!

Yup, it's on the w/e agenda! Wooo Hoooo!!!! :ban::ban::ban:

Belgian Brown Ale 7.5% abv.

First use of SmackPack.... hmmmmm I'm thinking I'm going to do that tonight and make a large Yeast cake to pitch as I'm not familiar with it's reaction or the process of using this "Smakpak" method. Trying to cover my @$$ if it doesn't replicate sufficiently, I can always get another in the morning if needed.

I'll be doing a search about it in a moment... :D

Making two gateway beers for holiday parties.

Fizzy Yellow Beer
7.5# Maris Otter
1# Flaked Rice
.25# C10L
18 IBU from a equal mix of Williamette and Cascade at 60 and 0 additions
US-05

989 Rural Wheat
4.5# Mo
4.5# White Wheat Malt
Williamette @ 60 for 20 IBU
1 oz equal Williamette/cascade @ 0
US-05

Those will be on tap with Orfy's Hobgoblin, Orfy's Mild and a 70/20/10 Dry Stout over the holidays.

Myself and two other brewers will be getting together with a bunch of other folks for teach a friend to homebrew day. Right now I think we're planning on each doing 10 gallon batches of blackheart stout.

Should be fun, we have lots of other brewers planning to drop in, and at least a couple learners as well.

I am going to do my Hopped Up Bock. Keg ran out last week. It is my favorite beer right now.

Saturday i will be brewing the first run of what I am hoping will be come my house Irish Red Ale. I should be a lightly hoped easy drinking ale (mostly for my SO).

Doing an Oaked Bourbon Porter Sunday, also transferring my Simcoe IPA, and taking an initial tasting of my Wee Heavy that i have been staring at longingly in the secondary for the last few weeks.

Belgian Stout

Basically taking my standard Imp Stout recipe and throwing it onto a cake of White Labs 575. Should be fun.

I'm just about to go and crush two grain bills for Sunday's brewtacular. A wheat beer with a bunch of amarillo and safale 05. And a batch of what hopefully turns out to be bitters. A bunch of MO, some toasted malt, and a bit of 85crystal. A whole bunch of EK and some Willamette with Safale 04

Teach A Friend To Brew Day

Half a dozen or so in our brew club are will be getting together to brew Saturday. I will be initiating a good friend with a 10gal batch of sweet oatmeal stout.

Teaching a friend or two how to brew tomorrow for the Teach A Friend To Brew Day. Was gonna brew a hefe, but no hefe yeast so I'm doing my Roadside IPA.

I'm out of empty Corny kegs... no brewing for me this weekend; I guess I'd better concenntrate on drinking instead. :drunk:

5.5 gallons of Amarillo IPA and 5 gallons of apfelwein fermenting though. :)

Blackheart Stout x 30 gallons!!!!

Caspio is hosting the event, and we'll have 3 brewers including myself all brewing up the first place stout winner. In addition to that, we have a few stouts to sample as "inspiration beer": Young's Double Chocolate Stout, Bourbon Barrel Stout, and a couple of others. Shapes up to be an epic stouty day!

Teach a friend to brew day is already in the fermenter. Neighbor came over and we did flyangler18's March Brown Mild. I tweaked it slightly with just a bit of Willamette at flameout.

Strike water heating up as we speak for the IBA. Also got to break open the Mild that was bottled 3 weeks ago last night. Very tasty.

Had to work today. So tomorrow is brew day. Got ditched by friends for teach a friend day. Oh well. SWMBO's having a get together for the girls tomorrow. Maybe I'll teach one of her friends to brew. Going to try to pull off my first 2 AG batch brew day. Hefe and Ordinary Bitter.

Had to work today. So tomorrow is brew day. Got ditched by friends for teach a friend day. Oh well. SWMBO's having a get together for the girls tomorrow. Maybe I'll teach one of her friends to brew. Going to try to pull off my first 2 AG batch brew day. Hefe and Ordinary Bitter.

I vote for Heffe:ban:

I'm working today and have a thing I have to do tomorrow early evening. So I am brewing on Monday or Tuesday. This will be my 2nd brew since coming back to brewing. I'm also bottling the 1st batch tomorrow or Monday. Most likely it will be a nice simple English type ale. I'm just getting my feet wet again and make some simple ales.

I brewed 10 gallons today. I was going to go to a TAFTBD thing, but the wife went shopping so I had to stay with the kids. Oh well, I was able to brew two 5 gallon batches, a porter and a brown. It was a good day.

I think I just put my last IPA for the winter in primary today. Two in primary, one dry hopping, an ESB and a Alaskan Amber clone in primary.

Back