Palmers "How to Brew" as a PDF?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knewshound

Reaction score
Does anyone have or has anyone seen a copy of How to Brew as a single document or file?

I have access to a print shop to get it as a hardcopy but it would be MUCH easier if it was all in a single contigous file.

Has anyone ever seen it publish as anything other than the Web Page ?

Thanks in advance.

knewshound

I was actually thinking about the one on the web page.

I have several brewing books, Palmers included, but it would be a great resource for my friends who are just getting into brewing.

You have to admit, reading a web page in the middle of a brew session might get dicey.

Cheers,

knewshound

I saved it as a Word.doc...removing a bunch of pictures and the redundent
topic/chapter headers. It came out to about 120 pages....you can PM me if you would like a copy

You may need to adjust the margins to make it a bit more printer friendly as I have not yet printed it.

Cheers.

Get the lastest version from Amazon.com for $13.57
How to Brew by John J. Palmer

0937381888.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V61536921_.jpg

It's money well spent and you'll be going back to it time and time again. I learn something new every time I go to the library at home. :cross:

Last edited by a moderator:
knewshound said:
I was actually thinking about the one on the web page.

I have several brewing books, Palmers included, but it would be a great resource for my friends who are just getting into brewing.

You have to admit, reading a web page in the middle of a brew session might get dicey.

Cheers,

knewshound

Actually, I normally have the laptop going during every brew session. I just keep it away from everything "volatile"

I keep brew notes, calculators, and recipes in excel, and I like cruising the forum while brewing.

knewshound said:

Reading anything in the middle of a session could get dicey. I just read a recipe and it was just the right 30 seconds that was needed for the boilover.

Pre-printed hardcopy is the way to go: just buy one! It might even be cheaper than printing your own copy and Palmer will get a few bucks on the deal. A radical concept.

david_42 said:
Pre-printed hardcopy is the way to go: just buy one! It might even be cheaper than printing your own copy and Palmer will get a few bucks on the deal. A radical concept.

True enough. I just printed mine and read it during my lunch break....I will get the new real version soon though...or maybe santa might bring it.

Cheers.

One thing I am in the process of doing is maing a binder. It contains important charts and other things that I find very helpfull when I'm brewing. I put the pages in plastic page protectors. I'm really enjoying doing this project actually.

I downloaded a pdf of it onto my phone a few months ago. Googled "Palmer how to brew pdf" or something like that. Took a while, but it was in there somewhere. I don't have the link :(

It's there a way for me to upload the file?

EDIT: wow, this thread is ancient

Back