Colorado Native

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mclane2003

Reaction score
Hey,

I tried a new beer today. It is called the Colorado Native. It is a Lager that is supposedly entirely made in Colorado with CO hops and grains. It is a Coors beer in disguise though. I would describe it as a lighter fat tire. It's pretty good, nothing real special though.

Anyone else try this beer? Can you get it outside of Colorado?

Yeah, I saw it as well but didn't pick it up.

Too funny. The label design uses more muted earth tone colors with a little aging - sort of like Odell Brewing. Definitely looks like a product produced by a polished craft brewer.

At first glance I thought, "What an interesting beer. But how perplexing, why isn't the brewery printed on the label?"

And then I saw it printed VERY small on the side: AC Golden Brewing, Golden CO.

It reminds me of a beer that came out in the DR while I was there. It was called "The One" and had a black and white label with a story about how it's a secret recipe made by some guys in a basement in New York City. It was pitched as counter-cultural, an alternative to the mass produced beers available. All the rebellious kids wore shirts and jewelry with the logo. They were sticking it to the man.

Of course, it was put out by Presidente, the only brewery in the country.

This is honestly just a marketing gimmick. Sure, it's cool that 99.9% of the beer is from Colorado, but you know they don't care about that- it's just marketing to get into a new market.

SWMBO got picked in a tasting group for it last fall. She got a 6 pack, two bottles of 3 types. All were American style Lagers. Unlabeled of course. but that little type gave it away. The 'idea' they said was to see if an american lager made with organic malt and hops (didn't mention rice) would be marketable.
They tasted like coors but with a bit more flavor and aroma hops.

Latest posts

Back