Can yeast produce alcohol from eating splenda?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don't believe so, many people backsweeten w/ splenda because it will not ferment. don't take this as canon though, just regurgitating what I've found on random sites.

With some vast research on the last four posts. Um, no.. I heard it's a way to sweeten your brews though.

Only after the yeast have been infected by the H1N1 Virus. They then mutate and can eat anything, it's all part of "Project Blue Beam".

Straight Splenda, no. It's chlorinated sucrose and nothing can metabolize it. Some forms of Splenda have a little dextrose in it as a flow agent, that will ferment. The sugar in Splenda blends will ferment.

Just be very careful if back sweetening with Splenda. It is something like 100x sweeter than sugar and very easy to overdue, as I found out with my Apple Ale.

Yeah its stronger and a full box of splenda weighs not much more than an empty box. Oh how I enjoyed that cup of splenda made slightly wet by tea....

Only after the yeast have been infected by the H1N1 Virus. They then mutate and can eat anything, it's all part of "Project Blue Beam".

No it's not, Project Blue Beam is a conspiracy theory that claims that NASA is attempting to implement a New Age religion with the Antichrist at its head and start a New World Order, via a technologically-simulated Second Coming.

Project Blue Beam - RationalWiki

Back