first home made brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zachatola

Reaction score
Well i finally got most of my gear together and was able to make my first home brew. I decided to make edworts apfelwein as my first drink of choice since the SWMBO like the ciders and wines. And seeing as how she is putting up with all of my buying i figured i would make something she would enjoy and get something from as well. LOL

So here it is, apfelwein 5-27-08

IMG_0317.jpg

Hey, I made a batch of this 5/27 too!! Take Ed's advice and start another batch in 2 or 3 weeks; you won't be sorry.

Thanks guys, it was a lot of fun, although i can tell im going to be essesive with the sterilization part of brewing, i keep washing and soaking everything in hopes i dont screw something up. LOL I did add my 5 to the running total of edworts apfelwein. As far as when i am going to start another batch. Probably very soon, i still need to gather a bit more stuff, i used one step sanitizer this time cause it came with my kit, but wasnt real impressed with it, im sure it worked well i just felt like i was using Oxi clean to sanitize and that kinda worries me a bit. I really want to score some Starsan and use that from here on out, but my LBH doesn't stock it so i guess i have to order over the net and wait. I also want to get a few more carboys and caps so i have a good batch of reserve for fermenting. Then its on to bottling and capping. LOL

i'll be doing my third batch of apfelwein this weekend, no grain to brew with :( .i only have about a gallon left. shoulda taken the two week advice!

Made a batch yesterday (5/30) - of your Apfelwein - But instead of juice I used cider (Publix brand - all that was available - no preservatives). Made it in the am and it started bubling by night time. Could smell it the moment I open the door of my brew room this morning.

Trust me, you are so going to get lucky after SWMBO has a glass or two of this.:cross: Home brewing is the next best thing to being a rock god.:rockin:

Back