Rent a brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67coupe390

Reaction score
I was just reading in the beer barons newsletter ( a local branch of a brew club ) that someone contracted another brewers brewery to make his own beer. That is soooo cool!!!! I didn't know that could be done. That gave me a ton of ideas like a brew club could save up and have a really big group brew or if one was looking into starting a brewery it would be much easier not to have to buy all the equipment first but use a contracted brewery, sell your beer, save up until you can buy your own stuff. What do you all think. I'm sure there is something that I am not thinking about.

Its like the underpants nomes!!!!
step #1 steal underpants
step #2
step #3 profit

:rockin:

I heard thats how land shark lager does it's brewing. Don't know if thats true or not.

moger777 said:
I heard thats how land shark lager does it's brewing. Don't know if thats true or not.

Land Shark is brewed by Anheuser-Busch. I doubt they contract it out to anyone.

Wasnt Sam Adams contracted for a long time? I thought they recently built a brewery in Boston...

Nosnum said:
Wasnt Sam Adams contracted for a long time? I thought they recently built a brewery in Boston...

They had a big battle with miller over this. Miller went down in flames in the arbitration. Miller was forced to pay Boston Beer Co. legal fees and the whole nine yards.

I've heard that Sam's Wicked never had a brewery, it was always contract brewed.
Last year Ommegang ran into equipment problems and contract brewed as well.

thats a pretty common thing for breweries to do. there are a couple here in town that contract as well as brew their own. just business i guess.

its called contract brewing. My company looked into it in great detail. Its VERY expencive and a bunch of work IF your going to sell the beer. if its just for you and your club its still VERY expencice and MOST breweries will only do full batches. so if a brewery does 40BBL batches your going to be stuck with 40BBL's of beer bottled.
JJ

Jaybird said:
its called contract brewing. My company looked into it in great detail. Its VERY expencive and a bunch of work IF your going to sell the beer. if its just for you and your club its still VERY expencice and MOST breweries will only do full batches. so if a brewery does 40BBL batches your going to be stuck with 40BBL's of beer bottled.
JJ

You say that like it's a bad thing. :D

So you would need 6.2 married people to go in on it to be legal. That doesn't seem bad. Although you didn't brew it at home so it may not be cosidered home brew and goverened the same way. I don't think there is a law saying you can't have 1200 gals. of beer in your home.
Or on the other hand if one were to want to start a brewery without the high cost of start up that seems like a good option.

Latest posts

Back