Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was at a Mexican restaurant in Austin. Waitress came over tried to sell us Bud or something.

How ‘bout Negra Modelo or Dos Equis?
No, we have Heineken and Corona.
Is Corona the only Mexican beer?
We have Doe Sockies, it’s Mexican.
Let’s see it.
She brings over a Dos Equis.

We did leave her a nice tip, so she could buy a bus ticket back to New Jersey or wherever the heck she came from.

Damn it Billy-Klubb your new avatar is killing me. I love it!
rocking the awesome is how I roll, yo!
I was at a Mexican restaurant in Austin. Waitress came over tried to sell us Bud or something.

How ‘bout Negra Modelo or Dos Equis?
No, we have Heineken and Corona.
Is Corona the only Mexican beer?
We have Doe Sockies, it’s Mexican.
Let’s see it.
She brings over a Dos Equis.

We did leave her a nice tip, so she could buy a bus ticket back to New Jersey or wherever the heck she came from.
chili has beans and 7Up is not "a Coke".

rocking the awesome is how i roll, yo!
Chili has beans and 7up is not "a coke".

image.jpg

I don't get this, I can understand fancy because lets face it our beer is fancy compared to the bland BMC. But girlie, how is craft beer girlie (excluding fruit infused wheat beers that are more fruit than beer of coarse:D)

Yeah, my dad saw a stack of Two Brothers in a Facebook post and called it girly beer. I was mystified until, a little farther into the conversation, he explained that anything not blue collar back when he was a teenager and young adult was considered "girly." I really enjoyed explaining how PBR has since become the beer of choice for clueless, entitled hipsters.

I was at a new brewery/pizza place the other night. For a new brewery they had 6 beers which I thought was pretty good. I bought a flight and 2out of 4 were good...there were two others not on the flight, so I order samples of those. The waitress explains that they are high in alcohol and can only give a small sample of each. One is a IPA and the other is a barley wine so not really a beer at all...my mouth has yet to go back into place.

Just came back from the store. In my cart I had vacuum bags, case of Upland brewing co. variety pack, and a wood floor duster.

Lady cashier - Does not look like a fun day for you
Me - I have beer!
Her - Why do men always need beer when doing chores?
Me - :rolleyes:
Her - When I tell my husband to clean and stain the deck he tells me he will need a few beers.
Me - It gets done thought right?
Her - um..well...yea...have a good day.

Just came back from the store. In my cart I had vacuum bags, case of Upland brewing co. variety pack, and a wood floor duster.

Lady cashier - Does not look like a fun day for you
Me - I have beer!
Her - Why do men always need beer when doing chores?
Me - :rolleyes:
Her - When I tell my husband to clean and stain the deck he tells me he will need a few beers.
Me - It gets done thought right?
Her - um..well...yea...have a good day.

Exactly, it gets done, so relax on the methodology!

I was at a new brewery/pizza place the other night. For a new brewery they had 6 beers which I thought was pretty good. I bought a flight and 2out of 4 were good...there were two others not on the flight, so I order samples of those. The waitress explains that they are high in alcohol and can only give a small sample of each. One is a IPA and the other is a barley wine so not really a beer at all...my mouth has yet to go back into place.

A barley wine is completely a beer. It's made of barley, water, yeast and hops, but it's just the same strength as wince. Has the rest of you been back?

I was asked why I needed a beverage when I'm working and I said it's because the work makes my tongue get dry. Then I went back to working on whatever it was with my tongue sticking out the corner of my mouth as I concentrated on what I was doing. :D

Directed to me: You like all them dark beers, don't you? Like Guinness? I nod and smirk. Bystander: I was in england for a while, everything they drink there is dark!
2nd bystander: They drink it warm too, don't they?
Bystander: Yeah, completely. It's disgusting.

This info came from the same person that interjected when I was asked what an IPA was with "Beers like Budweiser, Labbats.." I finally had to said NO!

Directed to me: You like all them dark beers, don't you? Like Guinness? I nod and smirk. Bystander: I was in england for a while, everything they drink there is dark!
2nd bystander: They drink it warm too, don't they?
Bystander: Yeah, completely. It's disgusting.

This info came from the same person that interjected when I was asked what an IPA was with "Beers like Budweiser, Labbats.." I finally had to said NO!

Jesus Montgomery Christ.

Some people should stick to sucking down juiceboxes.

our power went off in the shop for an hour yesterday. me and a few of the guys were standing around BS-ing. one guy said he drank a 12 pk of Redds on Saturday, then bragged it's 5%. I gave him a sideways look. another guy nick named Martini (and for good reason) said that doesn't sound like much. the other guy instantly stated that beer made in America is only 4.5-5%. I gave him another sideways look. he instantly clarified "the big breweries".

My next door neighbor, who is an awesome guy, had said something funny to me but I didn't feel necessary to correct his statement. I gave him an oatmeal stout in a 22 oz bomber. He looks at it, holds it up to the sunlight and proclaims, "You know it's a good beer when you can't see through the bottle," Although it was a very delicious beer, I couldn't help but smile when I heard him say that. Cheers.

Went to a local place that only serves local NJ craft brews last weekend. Ordered River Horse's seasonal (Hipp-o-lantern), and the waitress asked if I would like it with a cinnamon sugar rim.

At least she asked first...

My next door neighbor, who is an awesome guy, had said something funny to me but I didn't feel necessary to correct his statement. I gave him an oatmeal stout in a 22 oz bomber. He looks at it, holds it up to the sunlight and proclaims, "You know it's a good beer when you can't see through the bottle," Although it was a very delicious beer, I couldn't help but smile when I heard him say that. Cheers.

When people ask what kind of beer I like, I just tell 'em I like "beer I can eat with a fork". :mug:

Discussing beer with the BIL and he says he doesn't like BMC.
I tried to defend them by saying they are good examples of what they are: Flavorless beer.
He says they should use a pound of hops like Sam Adams does.
I didn't respond, because he was now quoting a TV commercial to me.

Later that day, he's drinking a Bud Light Lime and saying how good it was, because it tasted like Bud Light with a ton of lime in it.

I had one of the lawn care guys do that to me with a few examples of my home brews...same but light lime was requested from the week before.

Went to a local place that only serves local NJ craft brews last weekend. Ordered River Horse's seasonal (Hipp-o-lantern), and the waitress asked if I would like it with a cinnamon sugar rim.

At least she asked first...

IDK...I recently had a draft Pumpking that was rimmed with a honey/turbinado/pumpkin spice blend, and it was pretty damn good!

biochemedic said:
IDK...I recently had a draft Pumpking that was rimmed with a honey/turbinado/pumpkin spice blend, and it was pretty damn good!

Agreed... I'm a fan! Not a necessity, but it can be really nice once in awhile.

Latest posts

Back