How does the beer 'sampling' (trading) work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulldawgbrewer

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to the site and I wanted to know how the trading works. Do you guys trade home brew or just craft stuff? Is it technically legal? I'd really like to try and trade for some beers that aren't sold in my region, but wasn't sure how this process works. Thanks guys!

It's not legal to trade beer through the postal service, all though "I've heard" people say they are shipping other stuff like collectable glassware or yeast samples. It's also against ups and FedEx policy to ship beer, but again "what I've heard" is if you say it's something else they don't question it! I've traded on here for homebrew and commercial beer. Just put in your post ISO (in search of) and what your looking for and FT (for trade) what you have for trade. Examples: ISO: 3 Floyd's FT: Dogfish Head or ISO: your homebrew FT: my homebrew, and post a more detailed description in the thread. Also check people's Itrader feedback so you know who's trustworthy traders. Also as a new trader expect to ship first. And if you strike up a trade feel free to PM me for tips on how to properly package your beer! Otherwise there are some helpful YouTube videos and websites on the Internet you could visit. And as the previous post stated you can not trade beer for money on this site. There's a stickie on the rules at the top of the threads after you click on sampling and critiquing. Good luck and welcome to the addicting hobby of trading! Like I said before any further questions feel free to send me a private message and I'll help you out the best I can!

Cheers
Ed

Occasionally, we have big organized beer swaps but since we just did one at Christmas, there isn't another one planned right now.

In the meantime, you can easily trade with another member of the forum, either by starting a thread here or via PM.

I like trading homebrew, but I also have received some great beers not available in my area in a swap.

Back