Elder Scrolls Skyrim

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mass Effect 3 comes out next week so I'm playing through ME:2 again to get ready :)

Mass Effect 3 comes out next week so I'm playing through ME:2 again to get ready :)

Just to give you an idea of how long it's been since I played games, especially first person shooters - Halo 2 on xbox. not the 360 but just xbox. But I think Skyrim may get back into it. I hear big things about mass effect so....

Still I think Skyrim all the way. I just wish I had known more about it before I started. I'm also going to restart my charecter since I didnt know you couldn't earn all the percs

Favorite questline so far I think was Boethia's Calling. I thought that was pretty cool.

Don't you have to murder one of your traveling companions to start that quest? I could never bring myself to kill Mjoll or Lydia... Now Sven on the other hand...

Don't you have to murder one of your traveling companions to start that quest? I could never bring myself to kill Mjoll or Lydia... Now Sven on the other hand...

My lydia died when I was only at about level 15. forget the name of the mission but it was part of the main storyline. had to go to some dwarvan ruins and it was this huge underground glowing city. anyways we were pretty outnumbered and normally when she gets weak she'll just fall down and they'll start attacking me but they kept after her and she died...

when i restart I'll make sure to not let that happen again. Anakin Skywalker that game. I CAN BRING HER BACK FROM THE DEAD

My lydia died when I was only at about level 15. forget the name of the mission but it was part of the main storyline. had to go to some dwarvan ruins and it was this huge underground glowing city. anyways we were pretty outnumbered and normally when she gets weak she'll just fall down and they'll start attacking me but they kept after her and she died...

when i restart I'll make sure to not let that happen again. Anakin Skywalker that game. I CAN BRING HER BACK FROM THE DEAD

I purposely kill lydia every time. I take her up to a high mountain and then fus roh dha her off the cliff.

It can be anyone you hire. I went and recruited the guy in Candlehearth Hall.

mightynintendo said:
I purposely kill lydia every time. I take her up to a high mountain and then fus roh dha her off the cliff.

After stripping her though you perv... ;)

I've been playinmg Skyrim a bit here and there for about 3 weeks now and I can now say, I understand.

Amazing how easily one can become innersed into this game. It's pretty laid back but, there is also always something coming up to change things up a bit.

Dare I say there are almost too many choices. It's hard to stay focused on the quest at hand.

Yup. I discovered Blackreach last night. Holy crap that place is trippy. I'm just roaming around, picking crimson nirnroot, swimming, and killing random things. I went up some tower where it had one of those dwemer spider things in it. One. At the top, I cracked a chest and I think there was something like 4 gold in there. WTF?

Can't say I've played in months. It's still a great game, but I lost interest after completing all the major quest lines and a good bit of dailies. After Daedric armor it seemed like all faceroll, all the time. If there is something to kill that won't go down like an easy prom date I'd love to know...missing me some kill cams.

Hopefully the new content will help.

Mmmm easy down prom dates ;) I had one before she turned crazy
Try changing the difficulty ?

I always wind up with one of 3 characters in an Elder Scrolls game. An Argonian (because they are too cool), a Wood Elf stealth archer, or just a big ole orc with a warhammer.

I have read that a lot of people love J'zargo the Khajit mage... but I found him only good for sacrificing to Boethia. My orc's ethical code is a bit... loose... seeing as how he wants to go for 100% completion.

And speaking of orcs, they could have TOTALLY done more with the orc strongholds...

I'm a boring human warrior lol.
And ya the orcs were a little... Less than anticipated.

Level 25, Imperial, um, Warrior-Mage-Archer?

I tend to get my ass handed to me by high level mages.

Just finished the Meridia Beacon quest. Lydia is trapped inside the Kilkreath Catacomb DawnBreaker chamber. WTF?

I'm thinking I have to do it again and tell Lydia to GTFO before I pull the toothpick from the rock.

Took one of the Companions for a partner and let Lydia kick it at the house. Unfortunately seeing her sitting on her ass all the time and giving me lip made me stabby. Really stabby....

@ahaley I logged in for kicks. Level 46 warrior/assassin hybrid and it's on Expert. There were a few quests that weren't familiar, so I might give those a try on Master. Don't know why that didn't occur to me before.

Is it just me, or do suspect the actress that voices Lydia is a stone hottie too?

ColleenNancy.jpg

Meh. Colleen Delany, in the red one piece.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Voice_Actors#Additional_Voice_Actors

Really? hmmm... Not at all what I expected.

There are some MUCH better looking headshots of her, but that was about all I could find quickly that profiled her body too.

I knew Delphine right off, not sure why but prolly from all the Bourne movies I've watched over and over.

Joan%20Allen12.09RelV.JPG

Wonder Womans Lynda Carter does Azura.

And I also recognized Tolfdir.

Level 25, Imperial, um, Warrior-Mage-Archer?

I tend to get my ass handed to me by high level mages.

Just finished the Meridia Beacon quest. Lydia is trapped inside the Kilkreath Catacomb DawnBreaker chamber. WTF?

I'm thinking I have to do it again and tell Lydia to GTFO before I pull the toothpick from the rock.

You can go back in, and she should come running to you toward the entrance at some point.

I have Mjall as a companion now (I keep killing them by accident).

I never thought of looking up the voice actors. I know for a fact that I recognize the male shopkeeper at Warmaidens, but can't place it.

Just checked. Totally wrong. Whoever does Ulfberth's voice from Warmaidens is some nobody named Popeye Vogelsang.

You can go back in, and she should come running to you toward the entrance at some point.

I will try again.

My first thought after getting beamed out was to fast travel back to Winterhold (loaded down needed to dump some stuff).

She didn't follow. So, I FT'd back and rock hopped to the big patio to the door for the catacombs (skipping everything else). Got in and to the room to find the door closed and locked. I assumed Lydia is still inside.

I'll try going back in through the front door and see if Lydia found her way out.

If it weren't for all the enchanted weapons she's got, I could care less.

Been taking a bit of a hiatus from Skyrim. I had a hankering for some Final Fantasy. Well, I finished Final Fantasy 8 up and I'm ready to dive back in. Not sure if I should start a new character or pick up where I left off. I had some sweet-ass dual enchanted daedric swords and I was very close to maxing out my alchemy skill.

Just checked. Totally wrong. Whoever does Ulfberth's voice from Warmaidens is some nobody named Popeye Vogelsang.

Christopher Plummer is the one who really threw me.

He voices the Graybeard. I knew the voice but had a totally different person in mind.

Been taking a bit of a hiatus from Skyrim. I had a hankering for some Final Fantasy. Well, I finished Final Fantasy 8 up and I'm ready to dive back in. Not sure if I should start a new character or pick up where I left off. I had some sweet-ass dual enchanted daedric swords and I was very close to maxing out my alchemy skill.

I keep telling myself to put it down. I bought MW3 the same time I bought Skyrim and I have only played MW3 for a few hours.

It's always "I just want get through _____ and I'll put it away for a while."

I keep telling myself to put it down. I bought MW3 the same time I bought Skyrim and I have only played MW3 for a few hours.

It's always "I just want get through _____ and I'll put it away for a while."

I know this phrase all too well. I have coveted a PS3 and MLB The Show for years. I now have both and don't touch the Show.

Welp, my house was robbed and I lost ALL of my Skyrim progress.... why oh why didn't I use cloud saves!?

Restarting as a Breton destruction/conjuration mage. Thinking I'm gonna use conjured bows for ranged attacks, and then atronochs and destruction for melee. Quite the change from my other character. I'm also thinking I'll make this one "good".

I still have my black book of racist nords to kill but I feel bad about killing them now since they didn't technically say racist things to my new character.

mightynintendo said:
I still have my black book of racist nords to kill but I feel bad about killing them now since they didn't technically say racist things to my new character.

Next on mightynintendos list - the homophobic orcs. The PC avenger of Skyrim.

Well you gotta wonder if only the chief of the stronghold can take wives and father children, I would think the opposite would be true in the strongholds. Or maybe thats just the mammoth in the room.

Thu'um!!!

I wonder how much this will change the game.

I've not been much of a fan of Kinect so far. I mean, sure, it's cool technology but it's also finicky (IMO).

However, since this is strictly for VR and command use it makes more sense.

It's also nice that they threw in some Kinect specific features. Like sorting inventory and loot limiting.

200 commands tho'. Damn.

I can see myself having to switch back and forth just so I can remember what i have.

It's also very nice that the map function will let you locate a place by name. I can't tell you how many time I have been like "Where was that place again?"

bless You Skyrim Kinect integration!

4 TIMES over the period of 3 hours of gaming Kinect picked up random NPC dialog as an invocation of Thu'ume.

4 TIMES!

2 resulted in guards being frozen solid.

1 got the Jarl Fus'ed.

the final, Sprinted my own player off a cliffside.

No more.

bless You Skyrim Kinect integration!

4 TIMES over the period of 3 hours of gaming Kinect picked up random NPC dialog as an invocation of Thu'ume.

4 TIMES!

2 resulted in guards being frozen solid.

1 got the Jarl Fus'ed.

the final, Sprinted my own player off a cliffside.

No more.

This hasn't happened to me at all. Maybe you need to re-calibrate your kinect audio???

Back