Bottling question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Math0

Reaction score
I am recycling my old bottles. Can I use any kind of beer bottles to put my beer in, or do the bottles absolutely have to be opened by a bottle opener before like a Corona let's say?

Do you know if it will still be a twist cap after bottling of I will need a bottle opener like the others?

Trying to use a twist off bottle with a new cap is very hit or miss and if they don't properly seal then they won't properly carbonate and wind up being a big waste of time.

If you have a local bar you frequent that serves out of traditional capped bottles ask them if they will save some for you:)

I found this guy in my area on craigslist selling 2700 used 12oz bottles for 175$ lol I tried contacting him! If this doesn't work I will go check in some bars :rockin:

Thanks !

I found this guy in my area on craigslist selling 2700 used 12oz bottles for 175$ lol I tried contacting him! If this doesn't work I will go check in some bars :rockin:

Thanks !

Keep watching craigslist, sometimes I see people giving them away for free as well, or very cheap, just be patient.

Thanks !

Good lord, what are you going to do with 2700 bottles? I mean, they're reusable.

I would just go and buy some sixers of good beer. Problem solved and as a bonus, you are now drunk.

Many reasons not to use the twist off bottles not the lease of which is the danger of breakage when you are crimping the caps.
No, it will not be a twist off if you crimp a new top on it. You will always be better off using brown bottles as opposed to green or clear - search it.
On a side note you must live in beer hell if you don't have any pop tops available where you live.

Haha! I wont buy the 2700. And all we have here is corona, heineken and stalla artois that are not twists... All the imported are regulated by the government (SAQ) and they are like 20$ for a 6pack. No thanks!

Haha! I wont buy the 2700. And all we have here is corona, heineken and stalla artois that are not twists... All the imported are regulated by the government (SAQ) and they are like 20$ for a 6pack. No thanks!

Wow, that stinks! I had no idea, my northern neighbor.

Some of my favorite bottles are Sam Adams if you can get those, they aren't twist off, and the labels come off super easy. You other option would be to buy PET bottles of the internet, those are easy to use.

Latest posts

Back