A&E brewing show tonight--HEADS UP!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep,I missed it too. Don't think I'll be up at 2am.to catch the next go around. I'd be interested in a copy also if someone's so inclined . Up here where I'm at(N.E.Pa.),I'm 40 mins. from my LHBS and the old Stegmeier brewery that sits dormant and empty.I think it would be a neat thing to host a mass homebrew get together in there.I think our forefathers would be proud.And talking to the locals they say the mash could be smelled for quite aways (ah mash smells). Shane

SAS98M said:
Yep,I missed it too. Don't think I'll be up at 2am.to catch the next go around. I'd be interested in a copy also if someone's so inclined . Up here where I'm at(N.E.Pa.),I'm 40 mins. from my LHBS and the old Stegmeier brewery that sits dormant and empty.I think it would be a neat thing to host a mass homebrew get together in there.I think our forefathers would be proud.And talking to the locals they say the mash could be smelled for quite aways (ah mash smells). Shane

Wow, really? I'm friends with a guy (a Stegmeier) whose various relatives owned and operated the brewery. Just found this out a few weeks ago. His grandfather has all the old bottles and stuff they used. I think it was technically my friend's great-uncle who ran it, but I'm not totally sure.

i watched it last night as well.
they sure were not worried about hot side aeration when they showed the colonial brewing were they?
scoop, pour, splash!!

rod said:
i watched it last night as well.
they sure were not worried about hot side aeration when they showed the colonial brewing were they?
scoop, pour, splash!!
I noticed that too. Maybe they wern't worried about that back then.

I really enjoyed the show as well. They focused a lot on American lager...but that's because the American public focuses so much on American lager.

Did the consistent mispronunciation of "wort" bug anyone else?

Yuri_Rage said:
I really enjoyed the show as well. They focused a lot on American lager...but that's because the American public focuses so much on American lager.

Yes. Every time he said WORT, I was torn between being irritated and laughing at myself for being an EAC about it. :drunk:

I saw it, too. It was Ok. I actually thought the Modern Marvels beer episode on History Channel was better, though this one did delve more into homebrewing.

Yuri_Rage said:

Yeah, though according to the dictionary both pronunciation are correct. ;)

I am rewatching this....I just saw Vinnie Cilurzo at a beer judging table...LOL.

I liked what they did with the manipulation of the old photos as well....the moving parts was unique.

I can torrent it, but I'm gonna need help. PM or explain what I need to do here and I can get on it. That might be easier than burning 20 DVDs.

I could see the wife shifting uncomfortable in her seat when they talked about all of these micros being started by former homebrewers who left good jobs as engineers, accountants, etc....

Good show, altough not sure that it taught us too much new. I'll watch it again if it comes out, but I'm not going to beg Dude to burn me a copy. As someone mentioned, the homebrewer they showed definately looked to be SWMBO-free, kinda dorky but then again I think so are most of us.

Or are they showing it again? We searched for it last night but couldn't find a future running. Someone help! Does anyone have an IN at A&E that we could use to lobby for another showing.

it would be infinately easier if someone could send it to someone who could torrent it. i do not see it on the future schedule. all we need is someone who has it in digital form to compress it and seed it. i'd love to see this!

Back