You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You try to use your beer equipment names as euphemisms to get your wife "in the mood!"..."let me mash in your lauter tun until it's time to sparge" "no, that's not my hydrometer in my pocket, I'm just happy to see you"... Can I transfer to secondary yet?!...

When you're not upset when the keg is empty: Now I can brew again!

this is true :) (i need more kegs damnit!)

You walk in your office at work and wonder why there are cornies in there and immediately realize its the coffee pumper pots. I did this twice already this morning though.

You're hungry, you open the cabinet. Instead of actually thinking about supper, you look at things in the cabinet and think "That would ferment."

You're hungry, you open the cabinet. Instead of actually thinking about supper, you look at things in the cabinet and think "That would ferment."

Why stop at the cabinet? I walk through EVERY store I visit (and life most days) as if I were a yeast cell. "I can ferment that.", "I can't ferment that but I bet it would add a nice flavor." :mug:

When you start worrying about new flavors & aromas you added to your beers coming out right. Then take a walk down the produce section & baking needs isle to take your mind off it by looking for new ones. I need that fix now,matter of fact...

When you're happy the keg kicks so that you can put the one you've just filled into the kegerator - needs carbing!

When your second grader goes to catechism. They are making bread and she pipes up with "grains, yeast, water? Those are the same ingredients my Daddy uses to make beer!"

When you get perturbered that the beer competitions take up so many of your hard-work delabeled bottles and you don't get any back - I need to start working competitions.

When you try to convince your soon to be wife that we could get a smaller cake and a better fermentation set up with the money your saving.

when my last "discussion" with my gf was about how, yes, i need the windows open and the fan on in the bedroom for the next three days! man i'm hoping for a mini fridge this xmas...

MrManifesto said:
when my last "discussion" with my gf was about how, yes, i need the windows open and the fan on in the bedroom for the next three days! man i'm hoping for a mini fridge this xmas...

Ha! I have to do that now. Cellar is way too hot now that we turn the heater on :(

When your neighbors spy you tending your brew rig and aren't quite sure if you're brewing beer or making meth

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

When your neighbors spy you tending your brew rig and aren't quite sure if you're brewing beer or making meth

Haha, indeed! My neighbors saw my IC and thought I was distilling and asked me if anything could blow up!

When you aren't that upset about forgetting your anniversary or your wife's birthday, but you're pissed you missed mash temp by 4 degrees.

When you find a way to rob Peter to pay Paul,just so you can get your pipeline going again. And your wife jumps in going to the LHBS with you to brew some more herself!

When you love driving to work on Tuesday mornings at 6:00am because you stop a few times to take bottles out of peoples recycle bins.

When you walk by a couple of women at Wallmart and hear them talking about a yeast infection and you wonder what kind they were using & if they sanitized properly? I know i will catch hell for this , but i have had a good day brewing and drinking brews and i'm to drunk to know what i am typing ok. I will drink one for u if u will drink one for me .

when you walk into home depot, you can think of 100 different things to make for your brewhouse in the plumbing aisle.

OR...

when every empty 5 gallon bucket on your property smells like beer.

When you run out of beer and start drinking all the microbreweries beers to you find at the store untill you have the time to brew again! Then you don't stop brewing for the next 5 o 6 weekends..lol

I've got whole new one;When something in the brewing world comes along & humbles you. Right at the point where you think you got something outside the box brewing. When you see they're brewing something new & ground breaking that completely blows you over the guardrail kind of humility. I was truly revitalized...

Back