Tap handles on Perlicks: 525 spins, 575 doesn't?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjb

Reaction score
So I finally upgraded my cheap faucet to a Perlick 525SS, which is great except for one thing: I don't like how the tap handle can spin around freely. From what I've read, this is just how it works (correct me if I'm wrong - looking at the design, I don't see anything that would keep it from spinning).

In looking at the parts for the creamer (575SS) version, however, I notice that the shaft & bearing cup are squared off rather than rounded - I'm assuming this is because the bit that does the "creamer" functionality is directional & needs to stay facing the right way. For those of you who have the 575 - can you confirm the tap handle stays put & doesn't spin freely? If so, I may return this one and spend the extra couple bucks on the creamer faucet...

575SS shaft:
k356b.jpg

525SS shaft:
k355a.jpg

Yep, I have two of them, and I love them. They don't spin at all. I didn't realize that the other models did. I kind of like that to tell you the truth. To each his own I guess?

In case you're wondering about the creamer function: it's cool but can be tricky to make work correctly. The faucet needs to be clean and CO2 adjusted correctly. It doesn't always come out super creamy, but it's still cool.

I just purchased the 575's and haven't built my kegarator just yet. Cool to know that the tap handles won't spin because I bought a different pair that I want to stay put.

I just upgraded to all 525s and also don't like how they spin freely. The one nice thing is that you can tighten the handles fully and if they aren't facing straight forward, you can adjust it. I have some homemade handles that definitely wouldn't face forward without this "feature" of the 525s.

Back