water filter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avm221

Reaction score
im looking for a water filter that i can hook a hose up to, i have been looking around a little but not sure what one work better, if any of you have ones you like let me know

Be sure to use a potable water hose. Don't use a rubber lined hose. It will taste like hose water :)

Use a potable water hose and RV hose filter.
The filter can be found at camping world or any camping store.
Lafoey

Is there much of a difference between brands of filters? I see them priced from $15-$50 and a few in the $100-$200. What should I be looking for? I just dont want my wayer to taste like crap, did a few batches with that already, and im thinking they could taste better, the beer is still good but it could be better.

Along with the filter and drinking water hose is there any thing else I need to set this up? Or is it just hook it up to the water spigot outside and run it through?

Just buy the carbon filters from Lowes that for the housing it should come in a two pack. You can just run from the spigot (assuming the spigot water and house water is the same).

Do those carbon filters from Lowes remove chlorine and/or chloromine?

Not really sure what chemical im trying to get out. The water tastes funkey.

Back