Who is your brewing partner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joerose

Reaction score
Heres my brewing partner, hard at work sanitizing for bottling day.

image-2608680654.jpg

Horseballs... Lol.

For me personally, as a father of 3 kids, brewing is one of those sacred times when I don't want anyone bothering me. It keeps me sane, and I make better beer.

bottlebomber said:
Horseballs... Lol.

For me personally, as a father of 3 kids, brewing is one of those sacred times when I don't want anyone bothering me. It keeps me sane, and I make better beer.

Here, here! I agree. A time for me to do my own thing.

I brew double brew days most of the time. Morning brew is mine and gets bottled. Afternoon/evening brews swmbo brews with me most days, and that gets kegged.

My wife's cousin. She is a biologist by training so find the yeast fascinating as well as the whole process and the chemistry behind it all. So far she's helped on 3 brews and It's wonderful having the extra set of hands. Also it's nice being able to talk about this stuff in depth as my wife is not a big fan of beer.

deflagratio said:
My wife's cousin. She is a biologist by training so find the yeast fascinating as well as the whole process and the chemistry behind it all. So far she's helped on 3 brews and It's wonderful having the extra set of hands. Also it's nice being able to talk about this stuff in depth as my wife is not a big fan of beer.

Careful there buddy ;)

I'm a NOOB, I'm on my third batch, but my wife and my college age daughter are both a great help when sanitizing and bottling. They are both sticklers on cleanliness, temperature control, and filling the bottles to the exact right amount when filling. I credit them for my success with good batches and no bottle bombs so far, and being happy with a perfectly brewed 5% alcohol content ale.

If I was on my own, I'm be trying to make insane 8% alcohol content ales bottled in bottles with spiders and mud that would keep you on the can for three days afterwards LOL...

Your all much luckier than me! I have tried getting friends and family involved with no luck.... They all love to drink my beer though! I guess it will continue to be me and my year old cattle dog.

Mparsons327 said:
Your all much luckier than me! I have tried getting friends and family involved with no luck.... They all love to drink my beer though! I guess it will continue to be me and my year old cattle dog.

Cattle dogs make great brew partners

I also prefer to brew alone. It's not that I don't like the company, it's just that I like the chance to put all my thought into brewing. I definitely prefer to enjoy the fruit of the harvest with my friends.

SWMBO is my brew partner. It's kind of cool that she has an interest in the hobby. She doesn't necessarily care about coming on here and reading about stuff but I think it's making me want to know more and research more so I can explain things to her accurately. Plus it helps when purchasing stuff because I can explain to her how something is going to help us out :D

Whoever happens to be at the house. Mostly my roommate and swmbo, but some times it up around 10 or 15 people. Alot of times we cookout and brew on the same day.

My buddy Bon. He's the drummer inmy band. After helping out with two brews he began brewing himself. He picked up AG brewing quickly. Now we do two batches at the same time.

My 4 year old son. He likes the smell of the wort. Walks over to the stove, sniffs the air, says "Smells good daddy.", then walks out to play. Then comes back about every 10 minutes. Lol!!

My 3 year old daughter is my "brew princess" as well as lil chef and bbq pitmaster in training.

My 5 year old son loves brewing, he is in charge of dough in and grain clean up. He gets pretty upset with me if he doesn't get to stir the grains and clean them up for me. Like other peoples little helpers he's a sniffer, has to tell me how good the wort smells.

Usually it's my 3 year old son sniffing the kettle and playing with the hose. My brother who loves to drink while brewing and my chocolate lab choceaux who pretty much just hangs around. The wife she could care less but she dosn't complain when it's ready drink. I love brew days.:D

My buddy Big D. Or you can call him Daniel, whats the fun in that??
We bought extract kits back in January and figured it out together. I had done a couple of Mr Beer kits before that a couple of years ago.
Since then we have bought a kegerator, a 6 tap tower, several kegs, made a keggle, a cooler mash tun, and are currently making a conical fermenter.
We have brewed 50 gallons so far this year together and want to step it up and start brewing 10 gallon batches. Hes my buddy, my pal, my compadre, my partner in crime! Well almost.. we brew in my driveway and my neighbor keeps asking hows the meth comming along! We usually brew 3 or 4 batches at a time, so one of us mans the brew pot and the other the grill! We listen to great music, grill, brew and drink beer all day long! It is a massive festival of all things masculine!! *Grunts like Tim Allen**

My iPhone is my brewing partner. I listen to podcasts the whole time. If anyone's looking for Recommendations:

Brewing-Related:
-Brew Strong
-CYBI/The Jamil Show
-Basic Brewing Radio

Comedy:
-The Mike O'Meara Show
-The Big O and Dukes Show
-Doug Loves Movies
-Comedy Bang-Bang
-Sklarbro Country

I brew with my brother-in-law and always do double brew days since time is short these days. The best is brewing with his 3 yr old daughter (my niece) who loves to help grind grains and make beer. She also asks me when I come over if I want a beer... talk about a mind reader.

I too prefer to brew alone, but once in a while someone will come over to see how to brew and its nice to have company. Not an every time thing, but once in a while to change things up.

I prefer to brew alone, I have friends that like to come over while I brew but its much more relaxing if I don't have to worry about someone helping me. My sheltie likes to lay out in ny driveway while I brew so I suppose he would be my brew partner

Just me and my dog typically. Sometimes I will have a friend or family member around. I have tried to get more of my friends involved with the brewing, but most of them just aren't interested. They do enjoy the beer though.

The fiancé actually scolds me when I start before she can do anything. :D Usually her and another friend of mine - but a lot of people wants to come watch the process, relax and have a homebrew... :D

My daughter (12 at the time) used to like to do the jet bottle cleaner. Then she'd lose interest with the rest of the process. Now she just rolls her eyes at the whole thing. She's 15 now.

Back