time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll dooo it

ForumRunner_20111201_204000.jpg

This beer may contain some wheat, but is not a wheat beer. I'd been dehydrating the persimmons, not a clue ;)

Some wheat, but not a wheat beer...

Well bitters historically have had adjuncts so I'll say:

Ordinary Bitter

This style is actually very broad when it comes down to ingredients used. Basically very wide open as far as adjuncts.

I am guilty of violating this on occasion, but I try to use some restraint ;)

It's been lost in the thread, but there are amendments scattered here and there. The rule is you get one guess each day, or until the photo-poster gives another hint.

bottlebomber said:
Nope.

This guy did, as I knew he would. He'll probably let you take the win though if you ask him nicely

Hah. The clue about the ingredients made it really obvious. :D

But maybe not, judging by all the guesses.

I'll take my dog for a walk, and then see if I have anything.

emjay said:
Hah. The clue about the ingredients made it really obvious. :D

But maybe not, judging by all the guesses.
It was only a giveaway if you're a BJCP geek. Saison is probably the most open category as far as ingredients AFIAK. There's a rye saison recipe on here I've been wanting to try for awhile.
I'll take my dog for a walk, and then see if I have anything.
So that's what you kids are calling it nowadays

Bah...

GF has the camera, and the one on my phone isn't working (again). Thankfully I'm getting a new phone (Galaxy Nexus) when it comes out on Wednesday.

2thumbsup can take it.

I'm gonna say root beer because that's the only possibility where a frosted mug is actually acceptable.

Lol nice! I tapped it at a friends house and he was soo proud of his frosted mug, he got a lesson in aromatics that day! Here's what I put it in. And no ones right yet let's keep it going. BTW this was my first all grain!

image-2976482613.jpg

Back