Battle of the brews Sonoma County fair

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watergod

Reaction score
Anybody out there put beer in the Battle of the brews home-brew competition? (Santa Rosa Ca.) if so do you know when we will get results and where do we find the results?

I did! It was awesome! My beer, Ryder's Rye IPA, not only won 1st place in the specialty category, but took home the Best of Show award too! :D

Very cool.. lots of congrats heading your way...

Thanks! It was my first homebrew competition, and I honestly wasn't expecting anything at all. I just wanted to get some feedback from the BJCP certified judges! It was certainly an honor to be recognized like that and I really appreciate the opportunity and all of the great feedback I received.

I love the homebrew community! :mug:

thedavid said:
I did! It was awesome! My beer, Ryder's Rye IPA, not only won 1st place in the specialty category, but took home the Best of Show award too! :D

Ok I also put two of my beers in competition but couldn't attend the contest. Do you have any idea how I can find out how I did? I would like to see my scores. Great job by the way!

Ok I also put two of my beers in competition but couldn't attend the contest. Do you have any idea how I can find out how I did? I would like to see my scores. Great job by the way!

Hey thanks watergod! It was a great time, sorry you missed it!
If you placed 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in any category of the contest you should have received an e-mail from Gabe (Sonoma Beerocrats/ Beverage People). If you didn't receive anything you can probably contact Gabe, or go down to the store to get your score sheets.

What brews did you submit? :)

thedavid said:
Hey thanks watergod! It was a great time, sorry you missed it!
If you placed 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in any category of the contest you should have received an e-mail from Gabe (Sonoma Beerocrats/ Beverage People). If you didn't receive anything you can probably contact Gabe, or go down to the store to get your score sheets.

What brews did you submit? :)

I e-mailed Gabe last night and he said that he posted the results on the home brew club web site but you have to be a home brew club member to see the results. I'm hoping he will e-mail me or just mail me the judges comments on the two beers I entered. I entered an IPA and a honey wheat.

I live in Galt Near Sacramento, quite a drive to pick up the scoresheets.

I e-mailed Gabe last night and he said that he posted the results on the home brew club web site but you have to be a home brew club member to see the results. I'm hoping he will e-mail me or just mail me the judges comments on the two beers I entered. I entered an IPA and a honey wheat.

Oh, yeah, I'm not a member of the Sonoma Beerocrats either, though I'm thinking about joining since I live in Santa Rosa and all of those guys have been super cool. I'm sure Gabe would be willing to e-mail you a copy of your results.

I just brewed a Honey Wheat with some fresh oranges zest, then pitched a Belgian Yeast. So far it's kinda funky from the yeast, so I'm thinking it needs more time to age and mature. This is my first time experimenting with Belgian yeast, so it might take some tweaking...

Thedavid,

Congrats again on your win. BEST OF SHOW IS AWSOME! Especially first time entering! I entered my IPA about a month ago in a local BjCP tasting not a competition though. It was my first entry and I scored a 34.5 so I tweaked it slightly using the comments of the judges. Now I'm curious on if I improved the beer at all. Can't wait to see the judges comments this time.

Yeah, I am strongly considering joining the Beerocrats. I talked to a lot of the guys from the club at the Battle of the Brews and they were all amazingly nice with the exception of one or two gents who shall remain unnamed. I want to learn as much as possible and step up my game, especially now that I took home a couple of awards, everybody is going to be expecting a lot! Only reason I have hesitated to join the club is because I'm a bit short on time with Work/ School full time...

Are you a member, Bill?

They (Beverage People) moved to a new location on Piner. The Beerocrats have a guest speaker tonight.. Owen Langly from Wyeast. Come if interested... 6:30PM

Back