Massive Hop Recall

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOOTER

Reaction score
A large-scale recall has been ordered by the FDA for all hops grown in the United States. Multiple incidents of illness have been reported as a result of the use of poisonous pesticides. Brewers are being asked to immediately dispose of any hops processed within the last 8 months or any beer produced with effected hop flowers.

Hop recall

I figure I've already processed most of them through a biologic processing system and disposed of them through the end of that system into a sewage system. I do have a few samples left, but i'll take care of them the same way.

it would be more believable if the image name wasn't what it was.

pict_aprilfools.jpg

and for that point it is not point to a page anyways, sorry I look where I go, nice try though :)

pict_aprilfools.jpg

and for that point it is not point to a page anyways, sorry I look where I go, nice try though :)

I really wasn't aiming to make it too believable. I'd hate to be responsible for a bunch of people throwing away hops and pouring out perfectly good beer. That would be unforgivable.

I really wasn't aiming to make it too believable. I'd hate to be responsible for a bunch of people throwing away hops and pouring out perfectly good beer. That would be unforgivable.

I know, I was just playing the game.

P.S. too bad about the bulldogs this year huh?

Ummmm.... sounds like a dangerous situation - I highly recommend that you send me a sample of all your beers (PM me so I can send you my mailing address) - so I can put it through vigorous testing to make sure your beers are not infected with this dangerous hop recall...

**hick***:drunk:

oh man. Swmbo will not be happy when I tell her how much money I just threw in the trash because of someone's lame attempt at an april fools joke. Thanks Jerk!! Wish I'd seen this AFTER everyone obviously smarter than me posted.

*RIP 3.5 pounds of various whole leaf hops :(*

pict_aprilfools.jpg

This.

I'm too cautious to fall for that.

Especially when I'm at work.

I had an "oh, crap" moment when I read the headline after placing an order for 1lb of various hops this morning! Thankfully I also look before I click and saw the image name.

I just drank a few pints of my beer made with hops in that time period and everything seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......................................................................................................*no carrier*

Back