MY EIS WEISS, I need help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kidfromkanada

Reaction score
I just got to bottling my First AG, :fro: its a Hefe-Weizen. Any way I missed My OG by a bit, but its gona be good beer.

So I ran out of clean sanitized bottles.(Friends took them for coors cash) Any way I was left with about 1 gallon of wort left in my bottling bucket. I didnt feel like cleaning my fermentor so i sanitized my bucket top and threw it outside so the Canadian winter can take care of it for me. So im looking forward to having My EISWIESS. I just pulled 1/2 a gallon of wort, and left the other half of ice. Had a little test, its gona be the shiz and i cant wait to bottle it.

There is just one thing i dont know how to bottle it. Do I have to get a little bit of a yeast starter mixed with corn sugar when I add it to my pulled wort? how do i prepare ice beer?

Also, What is going to be the best amount of time to age this beer?

Thanks guys, Happy Holidays:mug:

Do I have to get a little bit of a yeast starter mixed with corn sugar when I add it to my pulled wort? how do i prepare ice beer?

I don't think you'll be able to get it started again. Especially if your ABV% is fairly high, which it probably is after freezing. It's hard to get yeast in the mood for fermenting when their apartment is full of yeast-piss(alcohol). I think the best way is for carbonating, but that sounds like it isn't an option for you.

Since you really don't wanna toss the remainder out, you can try making a starter. I have a feeling you will just be tossing yeast in, though and adding a lot of yeast sediment to the bottom of your beer.

Can you drink it flat?

Thanks for the suggestions, now i have just get my hands on some lager yeast, maybe culture some from a import wheat beer, any who hayyp holidays

I think a lot of commercial brewery's filter out the weizen yeast and add back in a lager strain before bottling.

Back