Pina colada cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caseymac91

Reaction score
I have 3 gallons of hard cider clearing in primary. As an experiment I want to back sweeten with a pina colada frozen concentrate. Are any of the ingredients listed below going to prevent it from bottle carbonating?

Bacardi mixers pina colada frozen concentrate:
Sweeteners (High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sugar), Cream of Coconut (Coconut Milk, Sugar, Polysorbate 60, Salt, Sorbitan Monostearate, Mono- And Diglycerides, Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Alginate, Carrageenan), Water, Pineapples, Concentrated Pineapple Juice, Less Than 1% of: Natural Flavors, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid (Provides Tartness), Potassium Citrate (Regulates Tartness).

I would say the polysorbate 60 would stop fermentation. Why not use coconut water and pure pineapple juice?

I'll have to try that next time. The mixers concentrate didn't work out so well, carbed up but looked gross with pieces of pineapple floating around.

I would sub coconut water for coconut cream (not the same as milk). You should even be able to get it organiz.

I dont think the coconut water would impart much flavor. Maybe even coconut flakes/chips floating in primary.

Back