Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I respect Lions fans. They stick with their teams. Its the damn fair weather fans that tick me off. Still gotta say I am happy the Skins made it this far. Not going to make it to the Bowl this year, but I like what I have been seeing compared to previous years.

I respect Lions fans. They stick with their teams. Its the damn fair weather fans that tick me off. Still gotta say I am happy the Skins made it this far. Not going to make it to the Bowl this year, but I like what I have been seeing compared to previous years.

Heh, maybe they'll completely trash the Seahawks next week and show these Seattle fans that Wilson isn't the be all and end all of rookie QBs.

I'm sure we're all looking forward to seeing the best rookie QB playing in the playoffs next week.

Wonder how RGIII and the Redskins will do against him...

I'm sure we're all looking forward to seeing the best rookie QB playing in the playoffs next week.

Wonder how RGIII and the Redskins will do against him...

I guess it's possible to find out.. But after he beats the Ravens, it's doubtful the skins will see a match against the Colts.

So... Walter Thurmond is on IR and that means Marcus Trufant will be in against the skins for the wild card game.

This sounds vaguely familiar...

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I hate you almost as much as Moto does. :D

Please refrain from mentioning him, especially by name. It makes him think he's important or that somebody cares, and it's just cruel to get the guy's hopes up like that.

Since everyone is probably on the edge of their seat... I went 17 for 17 on the survivor contest but came up 4 picks short on the tie breaker. 14k people started and 114 finished. I guess I'll have to watch the Hawks play the Broncos on TV with everyone else this year. :D

hey everyone! i'm posting to my "internet friends" about how well i did in a fantasy football pool with OTHER internet friends! my mom was right!! i AM cool!!!

news flash, cat - I'm not your internet friend. nobody else here is, either.

What I really want to know is how much money Sir Humpsalot lost betting with his "system." His bookies have probably already broken his fingers, which would explain why he's not posting anymore.

you don't know McCarthy very well,he gets out coached a lot

Thanks again, Captain O.
Everyone hurting too bad from last night to be obnoxious?

Uh huh....

Since everyone is probably on the edge of their seat... I went 17 for 17 on the survivor contest but came up 4 picks short on the tie breaker. 14k people started and 114 finished. I guess I'll have to watch the Hawks play the Broncos on TV with everyone else this year. :D

Keep up the good work, moto's getting butt hurt again.

hey nordeast, shouldn't you be preparing for a playoff party?

oh, wait....

baaaaaaaaaaahahahahahhahahhaahhahhah!

hey nordeast, shouldn't you be preparing for a playoff party?

oh, wait....

baaaaaaaaaaahahahahahhahahhaahhahhah!

Ah, witty guy.... got me there. Not that I'm at all happy about the Bears choking on a fat one, but I'm looking forward to some games. 'Skins 'Hacks should be a good one, RGIII is fun a bless to watch. Not that I'm sold on Seattle, but they've been playing really well. It'll be a good game. MN GB too, though I don't think I'll really pull for either, but back to back weeks should be interesting.

Wow, this place has sucked horse cocks the last week or so.

Almost as much as the Bears sucked the last 8 weeks of the season.

Lazarous said:
Lets hear everyone's predictions for this weekends match ups...

My thoughts are:

Seattle drops a big deuce this weekend and RGIII blindsides them... 30-24 Washington Foreskins

Houston rolls the Bengals 35-7

Baltimore squeezes one out against Indy: 14-10

And the M*F*ing PACKERS CRUSH the ViQueens 42-14
Although Peterskin will have 175 yards rushing.

Not that anyone cares, but:

Indy over Baltimore. Baltimore's in chaos, and their defense is a shell of what it once was. Ray Lewis is retiring about two years too late. Baltimore's lost four of their past five, and never should have sat down their starting offense last week since they have a brand new (dead guy) as their offensive coordinator. Indy's been on a roll, they've won five of their past six games (losing to Houston, but beating the crap out of them when Houston *needed* to win and the Colts didn't). Their only other recent loss was to New England - no shame in that! They've played pretty ****ty teams with the exception of Houston, but better to beat crap teams than to lose to good teams.

Washington over Seattle, for no other reason than the game is in Washington and Seattle sucks balls on the road. It'll be a good game, though.

Houston's reeling and reeking. They're still hung over from getting whomped by New England. They look horrible. AJ Green kills them in the first half, and LawFirm knocks them cold in Q4. Still can't get over how they gave up against New England.

Green Bay... I don't THINK they're going to be upset, but I won't be shocked in the least if they are. Green Bay's defense isn't good enough to stop AP, and call me old-fashioned but they need SOME semblance of a running game before they worry me too much. Green Bay has just seemed... I guess, complacent, since they won the title. I don't think Christian Ponder is anywhere close to good enough for Minny to do anything beyond next week - and I still think Green Bay is likely to win- but I wouldn't be shocked to see an upset there.

... it's because I've been so busy and haven't been posting.

Some of us have a brewery to run.

bitches

If you were smart enough to build a system that could brew more than a ten gallons batch, you might have some free time. Maybe you should ask Paulie to borrow the Megatun?

That's what's retahded about the nanobrew business model; even if you're successful and able to sell all your beer, that just means that you're going to be brewing every single ****ing day.

I think both of the AFC conference games end in 2-0 scores as all four teams will intentionally play as poorly as possible as to avoid the inevitable azz-fisting that the Pats would inevitably deal them in the later rounds. All four teams will purposely try to lose to avoid that embarrassment and end up mistakenly tackling the other team in the end zone for a safety.

If you were smart enough to build a system that could brew more than a ten gallons batch, you might have some free time. Maybe you should ask Paulie to borrow the Megatun?

That's what's retahded about the nanobrew business model; even if you're successful and able to sell all your beer, that just means that you're going to be brewing every single ****ing day.

damn.

If you were smart enough to build a system that could brew more than ten gallons at a time, you might have some free time.

Adorable... That's so cute that you feel like you can give advice.

So... what your saying it is WAY smarter to either take out a loan for about a million bucks (at shtty rates since you don't have an existing business) or drain out the savings of family and friends to build a "scaled" brewery... only to find out 1) you hate commercial brewing, 2) you make shtty beer, 3) maybe you make good beer but can't market it worth a sht or 4) all of the above.

No... you're right Bird... self-funding, seeing if you even like doing it while keeping your day job and your INCOME... building a reputation, an account list, a name for yourself and establishing actual cash flow which would make borrowing money or getting investors about a million times easier... yeah... that's stupid. You nailed it dude.

LOL!!!

I'm calling you Moto from now on.

.. oh.. and just for the record Bird, sorry... MOTO... the rig and fermentors are 55 gallons and we only have four fermentors so we can basically only brew once a week. And given how we set it up, if we sell 50% of what we can make (or realistically about 17-18 1/6th kegs), we cover all of our expenses.

So.. we have a low pressure way to test things out while, like I was saying, building cash flow and a reputation so that, if we DO like it and want to move forward, we can get investors and/or a loan on dramatically better terms.

So... what I am saying in short is... suck it.

Cape Brewing said:
I think both of the AFC conference games end in 2-0 scores as all four teams will intentionally play as poorly as possible as to avoid the inevitable azz-fisting that the Pats would inevitably deal them in the later rounds. All four teams will purposely try to lose to avoid that embarrassment and end up mistakenly tackling the other team in the end zone for a safety.

You're an idiot, just stop talking

Back