Brutus Sparge Arm Mounting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thevalkrye

Reaction score
Anybody out there know how Lonnie mounted his sparge arm in the lid so clean? I watched the video's and there is nothing up top showing anything. I am wondering if he tack welded it at the bottom or something.

Anybody out there know how Lonnie mounted his sparge arm in the lid so clean? I watched the video's and there is nothing up top showing anything. I am wondering if he tack welded it at the bottom or something.

Just use a length of 1/2" silicone tubing ala Sabco and be done with it.

That's how he mounts his return and there is a 3/8 barbed hose connector of that going to the sparge arm. I am wondering about the actual sparge arm. If you look at the videos and the pictures there is nothing on top of the "whirly-gig" holding it in place...or nothing that can be seen from the top of the lid anyways.

That's how he mounts his return and there is a 3/8 barbed hose connector of that going to the sparge arm. I am wondering about the actual sparge arm. If you look at the videos and the pictures there is nothing on top of the "whirly-gig" holding it in place...or nothing that can be seen from the top of the lid anyways.

A little hard to see in this photo but it is simply a small (black) tie wrap. I drilled a nice hole through the handle and the lid. The tie wrap is "snug" so I can easily adjust the height of the arm as needed by sliding it up or down. It works well.

sparge.jpg

Back