Look Ma! I made Beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGB

Reaction score
My first ever home brew... A Cooper's Stout with 2LB Spray Malt. I'm drinking this "Green" after one week in the bottle and it tastes great! Thanks all for the tips, advice, and support. I'm a home brewer. I made beer. :mug:

photo-22.jpg

Some notes on the tasting:
1. It hissed as I opened it. No gushing.
2. It had some head retention... better then expected for 1 week in the bottle.
3. It has a very chocolately, Malty taste... almost like a roasted toffee
4. The carbonation is sufficient to be enjoyable.
5. It has a much better finish then Guinness... almost a coffee/bitter chocolate taste that lingers.
6. I immediately put another beer in the fridge for drinking tomorrow. It's going to be a challenge to keep 10-12 bottles around past the 3 week conditioning period.

Congrats and welcome!

It is fun.

I know I couldn't....but the advice is start brewing your next one and leave the rest for a weeks and wow your friends.

Once again, Congrats!!

Congrats and try to put them out of your mind for a couple weeks, if they taste good now they will only taste better later. :)

What's that saying about, "You'll never forget your first"?

Heh, congrats and enjoy.

I drank all of my first batch while it was green, enjoying the green apple taste the whole time. Admittedly, I was following the brew-kit's instructions, which were a little lacking to what is suggested here. However, I couldn't help myself because I actually made BEER!

It does put one of those ear to ear smiles on your face the first couple batches. Its kind of like when you first become a father, and you look down and see your new baby, and your like "I made that"... except better because beer will never, ever, turn into a teenager.

It does put one of those ear to ear smiles on your face the first couple batches. Its kind of like when you first become a father, and you look down and see your new baby, and your like "I made that"... except better because beer will never, ever, turn into a teenager.

However, like kids home brew does get infections. It can also bottle up until the pressure is too much to handle and it explodes. Home brew can disappoint you... it's sounding more and more like a typical child.

Back