Jockey box

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The top cooler is just acting as a "donor" for supplying ice water? How do you adjust the water supply? just an on/off spigot ?

Pictures turned out bad, will have to take some more. Top cooler is for keeping the burger and Margaritas cold. Top cooler comes off, so you can use that shelf for cups, mixing drinks or whatever. The co2 tank mounts on the backside in a fire-extinguisher holder.

I like the idea of a higher collar to completely enclose the corny. I wonder if there are "taller" coolers on the market so you could keep the collar even smaller.

I have heard copper is a no-no in a jockey box. Stainless cost more and is a pain to work with.

Is it viable to use vinyl beer line in a jockey box? If you had a big coil of line, submerged in ice water, would you see much cooling of the beer?

I have heard copper is a no-no in a jockey box. Stainless cost more and is a pain to work with.

Is it viable to use vinyl beer line in a jockey box? If you had a big coil of line, submerged in ice water, would you see much cooling of the beer?

no plastic would not work. Copper is fine just don't ket the beer sit in it for a long time.

A few pics didnt turn out they are to dark but O have a cold plate inside the cooler mounted verticle. Its probably overkill but I got a good deal on the coldplate.

Nice job! You could always take off the top cooler and add a boom box. That'd be a bitching tailgating rig!

no plastic would not work. Copper is fine just don't ket the beer sit in it for a long time.

My HB friends made a jockey box with plastic hose. Its seems to work but I think the lines are quite a bit longer than whats needed for a metal line. The plastic acts as an insulator so it not a very efficient heat transfer material.

We used this jockey box in the middle of August. Noon to 6PM. The kegs were also on ice too. Never had a problem. We had 4 taps on the box. I can't tell how well it works w/o icing down the kegs.

If I was gonna spend the money on metal I'd get the plates.

My HB friends made a jockey box with plastic hose. Its seems to work but I think the lines are quite a bit longer than whats needed for a metal line. The plastic acts as an insulator so it not a very efficient heat transfer material.

We used this jockey box in the middle of August. Noon to 6PM. The kegs were also on ice too. Never had a problem. We had 4 taps on the box. I can't tell how well it works w/o icing down the kegs.

If I was gonna spend the money on metal I'd get the plates.

If the kegs were on ice then I would say that the ice around the plastic (insolated) hose did jack for dropping the temp.

Or an LCD TV! The possibilities are endless...

Nice job, how did you make the cart?

I made the cart out of scrap iron I had. The wheels and handlebars came off a junk scooter the kids trashed. The co2 bottle holder is a fire extinguisher holder I found at a junk yard.

Back