Any homebrewers from Atlanta area ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kappclark

Reaction score
My older sister has a friend who lives in the Atlanta area who might be interested in getting into home brewing.

I am not familiar w/the area and wonder if there are any clubs etc. if she wanted to get started..

Thanks !

Down south (Fayetteville area) there is South Atlanta brewers (sabrewers.org). Also, have them drop in on Doug at Just Brew It (770-719-0222)

Philip

I am a couple miles east of Atlanta. There is a club that meets closer into Atlanta (www.coverthops.com) and then one that meets on the north side of town (Brewmasters of Alpharetta). I usually shop at Beer Necessities in Alpharetta and highly recommend it.

I am a couple miles east of Atlanta. There is a club that meets closer into Atlanta (www.coverthops.com) and then one that meets on the north side of town (Brewmasters of Alpharetta). I usually shop at Beer Necessities in Alpharetta and highly recommend it.

+1 on Beer Necessities, when I traveled to the ATL area I went there and they were extremely helpful and had a completely stocked store.

I live in Cartersville and work in Marietta so i'm in that area daily.

Any homebrewers in the Acworth / Kennesaw area?

Marietta.... work in Woodstock.

Where abouts in Atlanta does this friend live?

Ive only been to beer Necessities. Usually are very helpful! I think I passed by Just Brew It one day.... its kinda in middle of nowhere right?

I think I passed by Just Brew It one day.... its kinda in middle of nowhere right?

No more than the Big Chicken is... :D

Seriously, it's about 15 min south of airport on Ga Hwy 85. About 3/4 of the way between I-285 and the City of Fayetteville. In a little strip mall/plaza called Rainbow Plaza across from Andy's Nursery.

From Turner Field:

- Take the ramp on the left onto I-75 S/I-85 S - 7.7 mi
- Take exit 237A to merge onto GA-85 S toward Riverdale - 8.8 mi

103 Rainbow Way Fayetteville, GA 30214

Marietta Homebrew Supply has been closed for a few years, you'll probably have to go to Beer Necessities or order online.

Ah, thats the one Alton Brown went to in one of his older episodes. I had googled it and saw it was closed, was hoping it was another place. I usually order online, just wanted to see what all they had. I'll get over the Beer Necessities one of these days, quite a haul from where I am.

Yeah, its quite a drive for me as well; but the prices are decent and they have a pretty good selection of hops.

Do they do group buys on grain? I've been brewing 20g batches and I'd be interested in a group buy if anyone is interested.

Id be interested if u funded my all grain equipment :rockin:

I'd love to see a store closer.... Nice to have one that doesn't take too long to get to. My borther used to go to that one and wondered why i went to alpharetta when he went to Marietta.

Who wants to join in and start up one?

I'll fund you're all grain setup if you bring me 5 gallons of kegged beer each week. =P

I wonder how well a brew shop would do and what it would take to get one started $ wise.

We have discussed a bulk grain buy in the past and a few of us are planning a group buy at some point in the future AFAIK. We discussed it during the time we were talking about the HBT ATL brew day (see my sig for details).

Yea, I saw that thread, I'm the last poster on it. My rig is 30 gallons and as such is not really portable, I'd need something a lot bigger than a Honda Element. =P

I'll fund you're all grain setup if you bring me 5 gallons of kegged beer each week. =P

I wonder how well a brew shop would do and what it would take to get one started $ wise.

Well.... umm once a year sure!

I think more and more people these days are wanting to make their own alcohol but thats just my thought. Find a nice PRIME LOCATION. Remember this always.... LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. You could have the best store in the world and because of where you put it its not worth it. Oh and then comes marketing. I think it would be fun! Have a nice brewery on site too :mug: I mean hell didn't you always want to drink while at work? Perfect job to do that with.

I'd think the brewery on site might be either illegal or expensive in licenses. =P My retirement plan is to open a brew pub, good beer, great food and some pool tables, darts, etc. A brew shop is a neat idea but these days you'd have to be really careful to have a good profit margin with the dollar in the toilet and shipping going up and up.

I'd think the brewery on site might be either illegal or expensive in licenses. =P My retirement plan is to open a brew pub, good beer, great food and some pool tables, darts, etc. A brew shop is a neat idea but these days you'd have to be really careful to have a good profit margin with the dollar in the toilet and shipping going up and up.

brewpub it is then! Brew to sell on location is fun to get in ga.

Also, I am going to see if my brother will want to join in on this as he used to brew and is the one who got me to brew as well. :D And I thank him for leaving all of his equipment here when he moved out.

Back