Newbie question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leehughes

Reaction score
Nearly finished fermenting my brew witch hopefully will be brown ale I'm going to transfer it over to a pressure barrel will I need to buy the co2 injections for it

leehughes said:
Nearly finished fermenting my brew witch hopefully will be brown ale I'm going to transfer it over to a pressure barrel will I need to buy the co2 injections for it

Im not sure i entirely understand your question...

If you are trying to pressurize, you will have to either force carb (with co2 bottles or cartridges) or naturally carb (with priming sugar).

leehughes said:

image-4004913651.jpg

Is it one of these

sc0tty81 said:
Is it one of these

Yes it is I just dint know to add more sugar when I transfer from the fermenter to the pressuer barrel or buy the co2 injector I've already added brew enhancer when I started the brew

leehughes said:
Yes it is I just dint know to add more sugar when I transfer from the fermenter to the pressuer barrel or buy the co2 injector I've already added brew enhancer when I started the brew

I'm a newb myself but from what I've read so far you should wait until fermentation has finished then prime with the required amount if sugar, boil a cup of water and dissolve sugar, add to barrel, syphon fermented beer into barrel to naturally carbonate, I'm currently making lager and will be using the same barrel, my worry is that it may go flat when the barrel gets half empty, I'm hoping that these barrels can be topped up with a co2 bulb if required

Latest posts

Back